Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) - A Digital Payment Initiative
What is BHIM?
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. BHIM is a mobile app developed by NPCI that allows us to make simple, easy and quick payment transactions using Unified Payments Interface (UPI). BHIM app can be used for making direct bank to bank payments instantly and collect money using just Mobile number or Payment address. BHIM app is being used bymore than 125 lakh Indian citizens.
What can I do with BHIM app?
- Money Transfer –Transfer money to anyone using Virtual Payment Address (VPA), Account no & IFSC and QR Scan.
- Request Money – Collect money by entering Virtual Payment Address (VPA). Also can transfer money using Mobile No. when the Mobile No is registered with BHIM or *99#.
- Scan & Pay- Pay by scanning the QR code through Scan & Pay..
- Transactions –Inquire transaction history and also pending UPI collect requests (if any) and approve or reject.
- Profile –You can view the static QR code and Payment addresses created.
- Bank Account –You can see the bank account linked with your BHIM App and its PIN status. You can set/change your UPI PIN. The bank account linked with BHIM App can be changed by clicking Change account provided in Menu. Balance of your linked Bank Account can be checked by clicking “REQUEST BALANCE”.
What is unique in BHIM?
- QR code based scan & pay option available.
- Generate your own QR code
- Save your beneficiaries for future references
- Access transaction history and Request Balance anytime
- Create, reset or change UPI PIN
- Report Issue and call Bank facilities are given to lodge complaints
- Single App for sending and receiving money and making merchant payments
- Added security of Single click 2 factor authentication
- Seamless money collection through single identifiers, reduced risks and in real time
- Mobile no. or Name used to create VIRTUAL PAYMENT ADDRESS (VPA)
- Send and collect using VIRTUAL PAYMENT ADDRESS (VPA) or A/c no & IFSC
- 24X7, 365 days instantaneous money transfer
What is the money transfer limits of BHIM app?
- The maximum limit is Rs. 10,000 per transaction
- Maximum limit per day is Rs. 20,000
- There is limit of 20 transactions per account per bank.
What types of transactions can I do with BHIM app?
- Request or Send Money via Payment Address.
- Send Money to Aadhaar Number.
- Request or Send Money to Mobile number.
- Send Money through MMID, Mobile No.
- Send Money through IFSC code, Account No.
You May Also Like: