Weekly Current Affairs Antibiotic (Weekly Current Affairs Pocket Capsule) - April Part 2Dear Reader,
Today we are going to release the weekly current affairs Antibiotic - April Part 2. This materials covered all important News & events in between 8th April 2017 to 17th April 2017. Download Now in PDF !!
- Dr. (Ms.) Mukulita Vijayawargiya took charge as Whole Time Member of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) in New Delhi.
- Mahabaleshwara Mavinakudige Subrahmanya has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- United Nation (UN) chief Antonio Guterres has named a German Achim Steiner, as the new administrator of the UN Development Programme (UNDP).
- Mukta Dutta Tomar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Ajit Kumar Srivastava, Shabri Bhattasali named new CBDT members.
- The government has appointed retired Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh as the next chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) after replacing of Justice Aftab Alam who was retired in June 2016.
- Saraswat Bank, the largest lender in the co-operative space, has appointed Smita Sandhane as its Managing Director (MD) with effect from 01st April 2017. She is the first woman chief of India's largest urban co-operative bank.
- Kristin Davis has been appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of UNHCR.
- Chirag Trivedi has been appointed as the President of Indian Society for Clinical Research
- India has been ranked 2nd most preferred market in Asia region.
- Indian ranked 40th in Travel and Tourism Competitiveness report 2017 released by World Economic Forum.
- Nation remembers Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar on his 127th birth anniversary today i.e 14 April 2017.
- Maharashtra has become the first state to launch a special awareness drive to ensure that transgenders in the state register as voters in greater numbers.
- For the first time in Indian Railway history Habibganj station in Bhopal has been handed over to the private firm to be operated by it.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated 1980 MW of the Koradi super-critical thermal power project of state-run Mahagenco near Nagpur in Maharashtra to the nation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched in Nagpur, a cashless/less cash township model, developed by Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (GNFC), across 81 townships in 12 States.
- Similar to that of Uttar Pradesh’s ‘Anti-Romeo Squad’, the Haryana government has launched ‘Operation Durga’ to ensure women safety in the state.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu announced the re-launch of 'Adarana scheme' for improving traditional occupations.
- The Government has set up an Inter-Disciplinary Committee to examine the existing framework with regard to Virtual Currencies.
- The Survey General of India (SOI) completes 250 years. The government launched 'Nakshe mapping portal' a dedicated website allowing the access to the public to download 3,000 maps prepared by the Survey of India (SOI) but made Aadhaar mandatory for the purpose.
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi finally inaugurated an exhibition titled “Swachhagraha – Bapu Ko Karyanjali – Ek Abhiyan, Ek Pradarshani” in the New Delhi to mark the 100 years of Mahatma Gandhi’s first experiment of Satyagraha in Champaran.
- Ministry of Rural Development has released nearly Rs. 23,443 crore to the States as the first tranche for this Financial Year, under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
- Madhya Pradesh government kick-started its ambitious ‘Deendayal Rasoi Yojana’ under which subsidised meals will be available at Rs 5 per plate to people, especially the economically disadvantaged sections of society.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 26 projects worth Rs 2,154.28 crore under the Centre’s ‘Namami Gange’ programme, aiming to reduce the river’s pollution load. As part of the projects, the NMCG will set up sewage treatment plants (STPs) and develop sewage network in four Ganga basin states: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Delhi.
- Ban on cash transaction in excess of Rs 2 lakh will not be applicable to withdrawals from banks and post office savings accounts, the Income-Tax department annouced.
- NPCI disburses Rs. 245 cr in prize money under Niti Aayog's Lucky Draw scheme.
- Indian Institute of Technology has decided to increase women quota from the 2018 academic session
- Haryana government has launched a e-sew app to provide information related to welfare schemes in the state
- Tej Bahadur Singh an indian judge who has been named in Guinness book of world records for deciding over 6 thousands cases in a year
- Kani Maranjandu is the name given to the new species of tree dwelling crabs discovered by the Scientist from The University of Kerala
- Ayesha Aziz become the first women pilot who will fly the Mig - 29 Fighter Jet.
- India's Ranked 101 in Global as per the recently released FIFA Global Ranking Report.
- Malala Yousafzai, has been named as the youngest United Nations Messenger of Peace
- Malala Yousafzai, the Nobel Prize laureate, becomes the youngest noble prize winner to address Canadian parliament.
- NASA Approves Instruments for ESA’s JUpiter ICy Moons Explorer (JUICE) Mission to Jupiter System
- Recently the Government of India launched the Kolkata to Khulna(Bangladesh) bus service for easy transport.
- Japan recently recgnised bitcoin.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a new set of enabling provisions titled 'Revised Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework' to resolve the problem of banks mounting non-performing assets (NPAs), or bad loans.
- The Finance Ministry have permitted the Labour Ministry to go ahead with 8.65% rate of interest on Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) for 2016-17.
- India’s gross domestic product is expected to spike to 7.2% in the 2017-18 financial year from 6.8% the previous fiscal, according to a new World Bank report titled “Globalization Backlash”.
- The Income Tax department has launched the second phase of the ‘Operation Clean Money’ to investigate over 60,000 individuals with an aim to detect black money generation post demonetisation.
- The World Bank has approved a $375 million loan to India’s first inland water transport fairway National Waterway 1 (NW1) project on a 1,360 km-stretch of the Ganga river between Varanasi and the seaport of Haldia for bringing thousands of jobs in cargo logistics and transportation.
- The Bank Boards Bureau (BBB) has evolved a Governance, Reward and Accountability Framework (GRAF) for public sector banks to ensure that they have the ability to compete successfully with private sector banks, small finance and payments banks, foreign banks and non-banking finance companies.
- Amazon India has received the RBI’s approval for an e-wallet 'Amazon Pay'.
- As part of Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) compliance, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has asked the banks/financial institutions to link their accounts with Aadhaar number and self-certification from customers by April 30, 2017, to avoid closure of accounts.
- Government of India proposed to allow 100% FDI in White Label ATM.
- State Bank of India has recently announced that it will change its IFSC Code from the second quarter 2017
Books and Authors
- A book on Draupadi named 'the Flaming Tresses of Draupadi' written by senior Congress leader M Veerappa Moily was released by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book 'Matoshree', authored by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan in New Delhi.
- Ashwini Kumar has authored the book "Hope in a Challenged democracy" an Indian Narrative.
Web Portal / Applications (Apps)
- Manipur CM launched Digital Application for Review by Public And Nation (DARPAN) web applications to check corruption in the state.
- Human Resource and Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) portal and mobile app in New Delhi.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has launched a web portal named 'isnp.irda.gov.in' for insurers that will allow them to register and sell policies online.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the website and app named 'Bharat Ke Veer', to facilitate the monetary contribution to the kin of soldier personnel killed in action.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has launched a social deposit scheme called 'Hrudaya Deposit scheme' in Thrissur, Kerala.
- Nepal and China will hold the first-ever joint military exercise named ‘Sagarmatha Friendship-2017’ from 17 April 2017 with a special focus on combating terror and disaster management.
- Uttar Pradesh government and the Centre have signed an MoU for the 'Power for All' scheme in the state.
- Department of Posts has joined hands with State Bank of India to promote 'SBI buddy e-wallet' and Point of Sale (POS) machines for cashless transactions at post office counters while booking speed post and registered post items.
- The French Minister of State for Transport Alain Vidalies signed an agreement with Indian Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu for collaboration in railway areas such as high-speed and semi-high speed rail, modernisation of current operations and infrastructure, station renovation and operations, suburban trains and safety systems.
- India and Australia have started a partnership aimed at increasing cooperation in sports, in the presence of visiting Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and batting legend Sachin Tendulkar.
- Nokia partner with Airtel & BSNL to set up 5G internet speed in India.
- Kerala-based NBFC Manappuram Finance will launch its own co-branded prepaid card in the tie-up with YES Bank to promote digital financial transactions.
- Fino Paytech, which just received the Reserve Bank of India's licence to launch a payments bank, has inked a deal with ICICI group companies to distribute insurance products and tied up with Exide Life insurance to sell products via its distribution channel.
- India's largest e-commerce player Flipkart buys eBay's India business, and closing a $1.4 billion fund-raising round from Tencent, eBay and Microsoft.
- India has signed a joint declaration with Russia to promote innovation and the R&D ecosystem between the two countries.
- India and Bangladesh have signed 22 agreements in strategic sectors like defence and civil nuclear cooperation during Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to India.
Summit /Conference / Events / Host
- "The colour of the Northern & Southern States of India" programme was held in Nepal.
- Germany will organise the G20 Digital Ministerial Meeting 2017.
- Unite for a Healthy Mind is the theme of the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017. The summit held at New Delhi. It was celebrated on 7th April.
- Vishakhapatnam to inaugurate the three-days National Children’s Film Festival
- Sai Praneeth has won the title match of Men's singles at Singapore Open Badminton beating his compatriot Kidambi Srikanth.
- Sixteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani has won his sixth Asian Billiards title and seventh overall Asian championship.
- Mercedes' British Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton defeated Ferrari's four-time Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel to lift his fifth title at the Chinese Grand Prix.
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced the setting up of its first basketball school, a network of tuition-based basketball development programmes, in Mumbai.
- Indian boxer K Shyam Kumar won a gold medal in the 49- kilogram category at the Thailand International Tournament in Bangkok.
Award & Honour
- Atu Zumvu becomes first Naga cop to receive military honour, ‘Shaurya Chakra’ award.
- The sixth prestigious M.S. Swaminathan Award for contribution in the field of agriculture given to R.R. Hanchinal, Chairperson of Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Authority, the government of India.
- An Indian environmental engineer Trupti Jain has won 2017 prestigious ‘Cartier Women’s Initiative Award’ for providing women working on farms with water management solutions and protecting small farmers against droughts and flash floods.
- The Union Ministry of Agriculture has selected Himachal Pradesh for the Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for the commendable increase in food grains production.
- The literary blockbuster novel 'The Underground Railroad' authored by Colson Whitehead, which depicts the journey of a young woman escaping from slavery via a fantastical train system has won the Pulitzer prize for fiction.
- The Ganesh Shankar Vidhyarthi Award for Hindi journalism will be awarded to Rahul Dev and Baldev Bhai Sharma. The awardees will receive Rs 5 lakh each, a citation and a shawl from President Pranab Mukherjee at a ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan in May 2017.
- Kerala, Maharashtra and Rajasthan are the three states topped the lists in providing uninterrupted power according to Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan or Urja App
- Priti Patel an indian origin minister has received the "Pravasi Bhartiya Samman" the highest award conferred on overseas indian's
- Emma Morano, an Italian woman, World's oldest person dies at the age of 117.
- Former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Girish Chandra Saxena has passed away at the age of 90.
- Carme Chacon, the first female defense minister of Spain and a prominent socialist party leader, has died aged 46.
- Protein B, which was recntly discovered by the scientist which will boosts vaccine efficiency.
- Britain has decided to invest heavily infunding the efforsts to tackle world's most infectious diseases
- India has jumped 12 places to 40th rank globally in total 136 countries in Travel and Tourism Competitiveness report 2017 by World Economic Forum.
- Indian-origin Asha Khemka was named 'Asian Businesswoman of the Year' at an event in Birmingham, England.
- North India is all set to get its first Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) bank for wildlife in Bareilly.
- Haldia Port(Westbengal) Tops the List in The First Ever Ranking of Ports on Sanitation Parameters.
- India's first ever micro-drama festival, named Thespis, was held recently in New Delhi.
- US-based tech giant Cisco launched 5th global and 1st in India cyber range lab in Gurugram, Haryana.
- Over 50 Indians, including gymnast Dipa Karmakar, Olympic medallist Sakshi Malik and actress Alia Bhatt, are among Forbes’ list of super achievers from Asia under the age of 30 who are “pushing boundaries of innovation“.
- Loans extended under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) during 2016-17 have crossed the target of Rs 1,80,000 crore for 2016-17.
- Taxpayers wanting to send their paper Income Tax Return (ITR) acknowledgement forms or documents related to refunds and others to the I-T department's CPC in Bengaluru can now send it to a unique pin code '560500' .
- Jharkhand Police has initiated 'Tare Zameen Par programme' to enlighten children in Naxal-affected areas in the Palamau district of Jharkhand.
- A fleet of pink patrol vehicles to attend to the distress calls from women and an exclusive police mobile phone distress application have been introduced in Bengaluru as part of an effort to improve the safety and security of women in the city.
- PM Modi becomes the most followed world leader on Instagram.
- The first rail freight service British goods from the UK to China has departed on its 17-day, 7,500-mile journey. British goods including soft drinks, vitamins and baby products are in the 30 containers carried by the train, which will be a regular service.
- Samsung R&D Institute India filed the maximum number of patent applications in the IT sector in 2015-16, followed by home-grown TCS and Wipro according to Indian Patent Office survey.
- Japan have created a bladeless wind turbine that can stand up to raw force of storms better than three blade wind turbines common in many countries
- UAE will be introducing Artificial Intelligence Robot in its government sector soon