Current Affairs & GK Note down point- 9 July 2018
In today's Current Affairs and GK Note down point we provide all the important news updates of 7th July and 8th July which are important for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC exams.we also provide Static GK and Note down points which are linked with this One Liner Current Affairs.we at Achieversrule update important current affairs regularly, candidates are asked to follow these updates regularly which will be beneficial for them in upcoming exams.
- Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar to inaugurate 17th World Sanskrit Conference in Vancouver, Canada.The Sanskrit conference going to be held in 9th to 13th July,2018.
- Brexit Secretary David Davis, who has been leading UK negotiations to leave the EU, has resigned from government.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in arrived in New Delhi Sunday evening on a four day visit to India. He is being accompanied by First Lady Kim Jung-sook on his maiden visit to the nation. Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh received the visiting dignitary at the airport.
- India's latest frontline warship INS Trikand has reached Sri Lanka in a goodwill visit.Senior Indian officers, including Assistant Defence Adviser of the Indian High Commission in Sri Lanka - Lieutenant Colonel Ravi Shekhar Mishra - held discussions on matters of mutual interest with their Lankan counterparts.
- Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia chaired the first meeting of the task force on e-commerce in New Delhi. The task force has been set up to recommend a framework for comprehensive national policy on e-commerce.
- State-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) will set up a state-of-the-art Civil Aviation Research Organisation (CARO)at Hyderabad's Begumpet Airport.
- The Union Home ministry is upgrading policy to secure government data and control access to it.Home Minister Rajnath Singh, who recently presided over a meeting to review the evolving cyberthreats, directed that the National Information Security Policy and Guidelines (NISPG) be upgraded and updated for the government secto r.
- Indian IT industry apex body Nasscom on Thursday opened a Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Bengaluru.
- The Joint Entrance Examination (Mains) [JEE-Mains] and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will now be conducted twice a year instead of just once, Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar announced.
- Michael Ondaatje's 'The English Patient' voted best-ever Man Booker Prize winner in 50 years. The Canadian writer's tale of love and conflict during World War II was awarded the Golden Man Booker Prize for fiction after winning a public vote.
- India's premier gymnast Dipa Karmakar won Gold in Gymnastics World Cup in the vault event at Mersin, Turkey.This is Dipa's first medal in World Challenge Cup.
- Indian lifter Jhilli Dalabehera bagged the bronze medal in the 2018 IWF Junior World Weightlifting Championships at Tashkent,Uzbekistan.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Union Human Resource and Development minister: Prakash Javadekar.
- Prakash javadekar : MP of Rajyasabha for Madhya Pradesh.
- Prime Minister of United Kingdom : Theresa May.
- The Man Booker International Prize: International Literary award hosted in the United Kingdom.
- Capital of Turkey : Ankara.
- Currency of Turkey : Turkish Lira.
- President of South Korea : Moon Jae-in.
- Capital of South Korea : Seoul.
- Currency of South Korea : South Korean Won.
- Tashkent : Capital of Uzbekistan.
- Commerce Secretary : Rita Teotia.
- Chairman of Airport Authority of India: Guruprosad Mohapatra.