Climate of India with Complete Explanation
India is a big country and it has different type of climate. there is a difference want to see that in east part of India i.e. Assam and Meghalaya a heavy rainfall occur and in west part due to low rain in state Rajasthan ,India’s largest desert Thor is situated.
CONTROLLER OF INDIA’S CLIMATE:
Main controller of India’s climate is depending on Geographical position of Hills, River, Forest and Sea. In north side-Himalaya, in East Side Bengal Sea, in west side Arabian Sea, in north –Indian sea.
So we can see that due difference Geographical position Temperature also vary in different area, which is the basically main controller of Indian Climate.
“Monsoon” word came from Arabian word “Monsoon” which means Season.
It has two parts:
It has two parts:
- Short dry winter Season and
- Dry winter season.
There are four season mainly in India.
Summer Season (April to June):
In summer time wind temperature basically in between 30 deg to 37 deg, this temperature varies place to place, in some places this temperature increases to 42-46deg . in Rajasthan this temperature reaches to 49 deg.due to difference of temperature in different different place there are found many types of wind flow in India these are giving below:
- Andhi: North –West India (Punjab, Hariyana, Delhi).
- Kala baisakhi -: West Bengal & Odisha.
- Loo: Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan.
- Mango Storm: Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Andrapradesh.
- Bardolichheerha: Assam.
- Cherry Blossom: Karnataka.
NOTE: 1.MEASURE THE WIND DIRECTION ->WIND VANE.
2. MEASURE THE WIND- VELOCITY ->ANEMOMETER.
The Monsoon or The Rainy Season (June to September):
Early or Late arrival of the Monsoon in India. Basically it reaches in India 1st week of June. In Andaman Nicober rainfall occur due to S-W Monsoon wind on 20-24 may in India.
It has two states:
1. Active monsoon –we can found more rainfall, wind speed also density increase.
2. Inactive Monsoon-in this state’s we can find break of monsoon for 4-10 days and no rainfall occur. Wind speed also density decrease.
Branches of Monsoon in India:-
- one Branch of Arabian part directly obstructs by Western Ghats and heavy rainfall occur approx. 350 cm, but in another side is Lee word side (Bangalore). After this wind strokes to Eastern Ghats and enter to Centre part of India.
- Another Branch Arabian sea goes to North –west India (desert Side) but parallel position of Arabolli hills no obstructs will happen, as a result no rain fall occurs.
2.Bay of Bengal Branch:
- one part of bay of Bengal branch goes straight to Mayanmar Arakan cost area and huge rainfall occur.
- Another part goes to Meghalaya Khasiya Hill and eastern part of Himalaya after obstruct there also happens heavy rainfall, especially in Mousinram at Cherapunji maximum rainfall occur in world (1200 cm.)but the opposite side, Silong City is a Lee word area (200 cm). In Kolkata it shall be 150-200 cm due to decrease of humidity in wind.
Autumn Season (October to November):
This is the returning time of S-W monsoon , this wind follow through Bay of Bengal Sea ant collects humidity and when enter the coast area of Andra and Karamondal there rainfall occur in autumn season, so we can find in this area two time rainfall occur.
Winter Season (December to February):
In this time due to huge temperature difference between north part and south part of India North –east monsoon follows through India. Rainfall occurs by Western Disturbance due to Mediterranean climate which coming from western part of India.