CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
- India and Spain have signed seven agreements to strengthen bilateral cooperation.The agreement was signed in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Mariano Rajoy.
- The Union Government has planned to run all its major domestic ports on Green Energy.On completion India will become the first country in the world to run all government ports on green energy.
- The Delhi Police has launched 'Bicycle Patroling' in order to improve policing in congested area of Trans Yamuna region.
- The Union Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has inaugurated a grid connected solar power plant of 16 MW capacity in Ordinance Factory in Telengana's Medak district.He also dedicated a 9 MW Windmill installed at Dammur in Karnataka at a cost of 53 Crore by Bharat Earth Movers Limited.
- The Indian Railway has launched a new service 'Buy Now,Pay Later' in order to attract more passengers to buy tickets online.
- India nd Russia have signed 'Saint Petersburg Declaration' after 18th bilateral summit.both countries have agreed to interact closely on various fields including economy. manufacturing, energy etc.
- India has successfully test fired its indigenously developed nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile from its test range at Chandipur, Odisha as part of the user trial.
- The state government of Telengana has launched a digital wallet service 'T-Wallet', which does not charge transaction fee from its customers.It allows a maximum transaction of Re 1 lakh for e-KYC users.For non-KYC users ,the limit os Rs 20,000.
- MITS Mega Food Park Limited , Odisha's first mega food park has been launched .The park was launched by union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- 'World milk day' is observed on 1st June.it is an initiative of United nations Food and Agriculture Organisation, to celebrate the contribution of dairy Industry around the globe.
- Asian Development bank and Punjab national bank has signed a loan amount of 100 million guaranteed by Government of India.This loan amount will be utilised in Solar rooftop project in Industrial and commercial buildings.
- India has signed a loan agreement of 36 million USD with the World Bank for Himachal Pradesh Public Finance management Capacity Building Programme.
- India's apex bank reserve bank of India has appointed S.Ganesh Kumar as Executive Director.
- Sanjiv Singh has been appointed as the chairman of Indian oil Corporation.