CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprises of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Turbo Megha Airways from Hyderabad has become the first private airline to get licence to fly airline under UDAN scheme.The Hyderabad based airline company which flies truJet till now stated that it's upcoming domestic flight service will be between Hyderabad-Cuddapah, Hyderabad-Nandeb and Nandeb-Mumbai routes.
- Union railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has released the survey conducted by 'Quality Council of India' which surveyed about cleanliness in major 75 busy railway stations. .Visakhapatnam emerged as the the cleanest railway station where as Darbhanga Railway station has emerged dirtiest railway station.National Capital 'New Delhi' has got 39th rank in the survey.
- The State owned largest public Sector telecommunication company BSNL has signed agreements with Facebook and MobiKwik to promote the internet and value added services among its customers.Under this agreement BSNL will provide connectivity program for social network's 'Express Wi-Fi program'.Under an another agreement between BSNL and Disney India ,BSNL will provide online gaming services to mobile customers of its customers.
- India has improved its ranking by 16 places in the recently released 'United Nations World Tourism organisations' and settled at 24th ranking for 2014 and 2015.
- The naval bilateral exercise between India And Singapore has been kick started.the name of this bilateral navy exercise is 'SIMBEX-17'
- The Cabinet of Japan has approved a bill that paving the way of emperor of Japan 'Akihito' to step down for the first time in the last two centuries.This abdication must take place within three years of this bill becoming law.
- The Islamic Republic of Iran's incumbent president Hassan Rouhani has been re elected by a wide margin .This victory has given the moderate cleric a second four year term to see out his agenda pushing for greater freedoms and outreach to wider world.
- Former prime minister of India Mr. Manmohan Singh has presented the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2014 to India's premier space research organisation 'Indian Space Research Organisation'.This award has been given to ISRO in recognition of its pathbreaking achievements culminating in the Mars Orbiter Mission and its contribution in strengthening international Co-operation in peaceful use of outer space.
- Purnima Barman of Assam and Sanjay Gubbi of Karnataka have won the Prestigious Whistley Award, popularly known as 'green Oscars' for their effort in conservation of Wild Life. Purnima Barman has been awarded for her contribution in conservation of Adjutant Stork and its habitat.Mr. Sanjay Gubbi has been awarded for his contribution of tiger conservation.