CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news, financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams, regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The Election Commission of India has launched a National contact centre with a toll free number 1800111950.the National Contact Centre is operated on a National grievance Redressal System Software.Any Citizen from any part of the country can call this number 24*7 ,the number is completely toll free and people can lodge their complain in English and Hindi.
- Telengana has become the first state in India to introduce logo for hearing impaired drivers.The state transport department of Telengana has finalised the logo which is finalised by Graphic designer Manikanta Annapragada from Hyderabad and incidentally the first person to obtain a driving license in the 'Hearing impaired' category.
- The Union government has exempted the residents of 80 years from Jammu and Kashmir,Assam,Meghalaya from mandatory quoting of Aadhar to obtain PAN cards and file tax returns.
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat is going to host biggest ever International Yoga Day on 21st June.Chief minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani will inaugurate this event.
- The Union Home Minister of Home Affairs Rajnath Singh has launched a mobile app 'MHA Mobile Application'to remain 'just a click away' from troopers of all central forces to address the grievances.A dedicated app for BSF personnel named 'BSFMyApp' has been launched in the event also.The 'BSF My App'has been provided with the mechanism to address issues related to pay,providend fund,leave or deputation of the personnel and the app also literate its users with financial literacy.
- The indigenously developed aircraft Tejas has fired dummy BVR missile at Chandipur,Odisha.
- The first electric taxi trial is going to be conducted in Nagpur on 24th May.this project is undertaken by Nagpur Municipal Corporation and this project is first of its type in the country.this project is part of the ambitious UNDP millennium goals.
- According to the recently released Forbes Middle East List Yusuff Ali of 'Lulu Group International'and pepsico executive Sanjeev Chadha are among the top 100 business leaders among the Arab World 2017
- The National aeronautics and Space administration has discovered 'water signature'in distant Neptune sized planet named 'HAT-P-26b'.The planet is located about 437 years light years away and its sun is twice as old as our sun.
- Hubert Minnis of Free National Movement has been elected as the new prime minister of Bahamas.He defeated incumbent Perry Christie in a 34-5 parliamentary split.
- The World Health organisation has appointed Mr Amitabh Bachchan as the goodwill ambassador for Hepatitis in South East Asia region to increase awareness and intensify action to arrest this from becoming epidemic.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as the next Ambassador to France.He is currently employed as the Joint Secretary in Prime Minister's Office.
- The London based 'Chelsea Football' club has become the English Premiere League Champion by beating West Bromwich Albion 1-0 at Hawthrons.
- Indian batting legend VVS Laxman has benn conferred upon an honorary life membership by the Melbourne Cricket Club.
- Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia has won Gold in the Men's 65 kg final at the Asian Wrestling Championships by defeating South Korea's Lee Seung Chul in Delhi.This Gold medal has take India's medal tally to won silver medals.