DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates,international news,sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the phase-I of the link-II pipeline canal of the ambitious Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation(SAUNI) Yojana in Botad district , Gujarat.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the Kampegowda festival in New delhi.This festival is organised by 'Nadaprabhu Kampegowda Foundation'.
- The state government of Uttar Pradesh has renamed the Gorakhpur and Agra airports.The Gorakhpur Airforce station has been renamed as Mahayogi Gorakhnath airport and The Agra Airport has been renamed as the 'Pandil Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport'.The State Govrnment alo renamed the Department of Welfare of the Differently abled to 'Divyang Jan Vikas Empowerment' .
- The State Government of Rajasthan and Hindustn petroleum Corporation has igned an agreement worth of Rs 43,129 Crore for Barner refinery.The Barner Refinery in Rajasthan will be the first refinery in the country to produce BS-6 standard fuel.
- The Chief Minister of Tamilnadu Edappadi K.Palaniswami has unveiled the 'P15A Guided Missile Destroyer'INS Chennai'.This destroyer is dedicated to the state capital Chennai.
- The State Government of Punjab has doubled the quota for Other Backward Classes(OBCs)in educational institutes from 5% to 10%.
- India has got 8th rank in the 2017 A.T.Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)confidence index.
- 18 April has been celebrated as the International Day for Monuments and Sites.The theme for this year is 'Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism'.
- The Reserve bank Of India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU)with Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan on 'Supervisiory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information'.
- The Reserve bank of India has opened two offices in Jammu and kashmir and Raipur In Chattisgarh for Banking ombudsman service.
- The ICICI bank data Centre has become the Country's first platinum rated project under IGBC(Indian Green Building Council)Green Data Centre rating system.
- The Punjab National Bank has launched three new products for its customers on its foundation day.The three new products are a credit card mobile app,a scheme for financing grid connected Roof Solar Power Project and automated elctronic toll collection to facilitate hassle free toll payment/collection.
- The state bank of India has surpassed Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)to become most valued Public sector undertaking Stock in terms of market capirtlization in intra-day trade.
- Vinay Shah has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Director of LIC Housing Finance.he came in place of the incumbent Sunita Shrma who has been elevated to the Managing Director of LIC.
- Sebastian Vettel won the Bahrain Grand Prix 2017 by defeating Lewis Hamilton.This victory is Sebastian's 3rd victory in Bahrain and overall 44th title in his career.
- Former telegu desam party leader and former Andhra Pradesh Minister 'Devineni Rajasekhar'has died due to cardiac arrest in Hyderabad.
Download our weekly Current affairs Update