DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS
FOR UPCOMING GOVERNMENT EXAMS
- The Union Government has announced that Petrol and diesel Price will change in sync with International market rates from May 1,2017.This project will be launched as the Pilot project on five selected cities i.e Puducherry,Vizag in Andhra Pradesh,Jamshedpur in Jharkhand,Udaipur in Rajasthan and in Chandigarh from May 1.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the most followed leader in photo sharing platform 'Instagram'with a whopping 6.9 Million followers surpassing US President Donald Trump.
- India and Australia has signed partnership for cooperation in Sports.This partnership was signed in the presence of Indian Legendary Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and visiting Prime minister Malcolm Turnbull.This partnership will focus on four key areas like Sports Science,Sports Governance and Integrity,Athlete and Coach training and Development and in Grassroot participation,it will complement Union Government launched grass root program 'Khelo India'.
- An Inter Disciplinary Committee has been set up by the Union Government to examine the existing frame work to monitor virtual currencies.
- The Pink Patrol cars known as 'Pink Hoysalas'and the 'Suraksha'mobile phone app has been inaugurated by Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.These fleet of pink cars will attend distress calls from women and ensure their safety.
- The Chief minister of Andhra Pradesh N.Chandrababu Naidu has announced the relaunch of 'Adarana scheme'to promote traditionl occupation.
- The World Babnk has sanctioned an loan amount of USD 375 Million to finance the India's inland National Waterway 1(NW1)project on a 1,360 Km stretch of Ganga river between Varanasi and Haldia.
- Haldia Port in West Bengal has topped the first ever ranking in Port Sanitation Parameters.This survey was conducted in 12 major ports under the Ministry of Shipping during 'Swachhta Pakhwada' from 16th March to 31st March.
- Indian e-commerce giant 'Amazon India'has get the nod of Reserve Bank of India to start its e-wallet service 'Amazon Pay'.
- The Central Board Of Direct Taxes has asked the banks/Financial Institutions to link their accounts with Aadhar Number and Self Certification from Customers by April 30,2017 to avoid disclosure of accounts as part of the 'Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act'.
- 'Mahabaleshwara Mavinakudige Subrahmanya'has been appointed as the new Managing Director (MD)and Chief Executive Officer of Karnataka Bank Limited.He will replace incumbent chairman 'Polali Jayarama Bhat'.
- United nations Chief Antonio Gueterres has appointed Achim Steiner as the new administrator of the UN Development Programme(UNDP).
Read the Current Affairs Update of 13th April
Download the Current Affairs Weekly 'Antibiotic'