DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:16TH MARCH
- The Government of India has launched 'Mission Fingerling'with a total expenditure of about Rs 52000 Lakh to achieve the 'Blue Revolution'.The main motive of this program is to increase the fisheries production from 10.79 mmt(2014-15)by 2020-21.
- Biren Singh will be sworn in as the Chief minister of Manipur after the incumbent chief minister Okram Ibobi Singh has resigned from the post.
- The minister of the Department of Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman has introduced the 'Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI) Bill',2017 in the lower house of the parliament,Loksabha to declare the FDDI as an Institution of National Importance(INI).
- The Union Government has introduced the 'The Inter-state River Water Dispute (Amendment )Bill,2017 'in Lok Sabha.Uma bharti,minister of River Development and water Resources has introduced this bill in the Lok Sabha.
- The state government of Gujarat has tied up with a global cloud based solution provider 'CloudBuy.com'to develop a B2B market place for small and medium scale businesses.
- The World Bank has agreed to provide loan for Ultra Mega Solar project in Rewa,Madhya Pradesh.
- The Union Agricultural and Farmer's Welfare minister Sri Radha mohan Singh has laid the foundation stone for the 'Banana Research Centre 'at Baishali,Bihar.
- Vienna has emerged as the best city as per mercer's 19th Annual Quality of Living Survey .
- The united states senates has announced the appointment of Indian-american 'Seema verma'in top health care position in trump administration.
- The reliance communication get its nod from SEBI for merger with another telecom giant Aircel.
- The Induslnd Bank is entering into agreemnet with Infrastructure leasing and Financial services limited(IL&FS)to acquire 100% stake in IL&FS Securities services Limited(ISSL).
- The bank of baroda's board has approved the issuance of Basel III compliant Additional Tier 1 bonds amounting to Rs 500 Cr with a green shoe option of Rs 500 Crore.
- The first independent chairman of ICC ,Shashank manohar has resigned from the post of chairman citing personal problems.
- Amy Krouse ,popular filmmaker and public speaker has passed away at the age of 52.