DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:11TH MARCH
- The parliament has approved the long awaited 'Maternity Benefit (amendment)Bill',which raise the paid maternity leave of 26 weeks in the organised sector from the previous 12 weeks.
- The State Government of Orissa has launched 24*7 helpline number '181' to help woman in distress.
- India and Belgium has signed a new Double Tax Avoidance Agreement(DTAA)and protocols,amending the previously agreement and protocols in New Delhi.The DTAA agreement was signed in the presence of Central Board Of Direct Taxes(CBDT) Chairman Sushil Chandra and Jan Luykx,ambassador of Belgium to India.
- The National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC) has commissioned a new 45 MW unit at Bhadla,Rajasthan.
- A new Water jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC)INS TILLANCHANG has been commissioned in Indian Navy in a ceremony by the Vice admiral Girish Luthra.
- A draft rules for Security of Prepaid Payment Instrument(PPI) company or e-wallet firms has been issued by the The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MEITY).this draft rules seek integrity,confidentiality and security of Electronic Payments made through PPIs and it cover the entire area of protecting consumer information like financial data etc.
- Three new canyons have been discovered by scientists close to Kovvada in Srikakulam District of Andhra Pradesh.
- A Rs 1,580 Crore housing project has been launched by Tamil Nadu CM K Palaniswami.
- Donald Tusk has been re-elected as the president of European Council's President.
- Park Geun-Hye has been removed from presidency by South Korean Constitutional Court.
- The State Bank of India has announced that minimum Balance penalty required to offset the cost of Jan Dhan Accounts.
- The Reserve Bank Of India is going to issue new Rs 10 denomination notes with better security features.
- Konkani writer Mahabaleswar Sail has been honoured with the Saraswati Samman 2016 for his popular novel 'Hawthan'.
- Harm Ohlmeyar has been appointed as the new chief financial officer of world renowned sports brand 'Adidas'.
- Pradeep Nair has been appoi nted as th regional director of Ford foundation for India,Sri Lanka and Nepal.