Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 9 August 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 9 August 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news, nominations, agreements which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- The Ministry of HRD has embarked on a major and new initiative Project called 'Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds' (SWAYAM), which will provide one integrated platform and portal for online courses. This covers all higher education subjects and skill sector courses.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs & National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH signed an MoU today which aims to promote Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) forest produce for livelihood development of tribal people by promoting primary level value addition to MAPs produce from forest area at grassroots level.
Importance of 9th August as a day:
- The International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples is observed across the world on August 9 with an aim to strengthen international cooperation for solving problems faced by indigenous peoples in areas such as human rights, the environment, education, health and social development.
- The theme of 2018 International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples was ‘Indigenous peoples’ migration and movement’.
- Harivansh Narayan Singh, a member of the Janata Dal United (JD(U)), was elected as the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha.He was fielded by the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA). He won by 20 votes, defeating opposition candidate BK Hariprasad of the Congress. Harivansh got 125 votes while Hariprasad got 105 votes.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will transfer ₹50,000 crore of its surplus money to the government, the highest since 2015-16, in a partial relief for the latter struggling to replenish public sector banks.The transfer gives the government more elbow room to infuse capital into the banks it owns.
- The value of transactions made through mobile wallets touched a record ₹14,632 crore in June, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data released on Tuesday showed, rising 4.2% from ₹14,047 crore in May.
- The Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve has become the 11th Biosphere Reserve from India that has been included in the UNESCO designated World Network of Biosphere Reserves (WNBR).The decision to include Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve in WNBR was taken at the 30th Session of International Coordinating Council (ICC) of Man and Biosphere (MAB) Programme of UNESCO held at Palembang, Indonesia, from July 23-27, 2018.
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Aviation Suresh Prabhu launched Niryat Mitra – mobile App in New Delhi today. The app developed by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) is available both on Android and on IOS platforms.
- Indian-American high school student Avi Goel has won the world championship at the International Geography Bee’s junior varsity division which was held in Berlin, Germany.14-year old Avi is a tenth grader at Silver Creek High School in Evergreen, San Jose, California.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Union HRD Minister of India: Prakash Javadekar.
- Cabinet Minister of Tribal Affairs : Jual Oram.
- Chairperson of Rajya Sabha: Venkaiah Naidu.
- 24th Governor of RBI is - Urjit Patel.
- India has 18 Biosphere Reserves and with the inclusion of Khangchendzonga, the number of internationally designated WNBR has become 11, with 7 Biosphere Reserves being domestic Biosphere Reserves.
- WNBR-World Network of Biosphere Reserves.
- FIEO:Federation of Indian Export Organisations(FIEO).
- Headquarters of FIEO: New Delhi.
- FIEO was set up in : 1965