Daily Current Affairs & GK Update 24 July 2018
In the Current Affairs & GK Update of 24July 2018 we cover all important National,International,Financial,Sports news which are relevant for upcoming SBI PO,SBI Clerk,SSC,IBPS RRB exams.We at Achieversrule regularly provide One Liner Current Affairs and GK Updates to keep our candidates prepared for Current Affairs section of Banking,Insurance exams and current affairs exam.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi left for Uganda on the second leg of his three-African nations tour after concluding his Rwanda visit. The two countries signed agreements in the fields of Defence, Trade, Agriculture, Leather and allied products and Dairy.India also extended two Lines of Credit of 100 million US dollars each – one for development of industrial parks and Kigali Special Economic Zone, and the other for three agricultural projects in Rwanda.
- It is the first visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Uganda in over 20 years. During his two-day stay in Ugandan capital Kampala, Mr Modi will hold talks with the country's leadership, and deliver the keynote address at the Ugandan Parliament, the first Indian Prime Minister to do so.
- The government has decided to set up a high-level committee headed by the Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauda to formulate appropriate measures to deal with mob lynching incidents. The committee will make its recommendations to the Government in four weeks.
- The government has slashed the minimum annual deposit requirement for accounts under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana to Rs 250 from Rs 1,000 - a move that will enable more number of people to take advantage of the girl child savings scheme. The government amended the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Rules - 2016 to state that the minimum initial deposit to open the account would be Rs 250.
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launched development projects worth over five thousand four hundred crore rupees in Guna district of Madhya Pradesh today.
- In a bid to reduce the number of cheque dishonour cases pending in courts, the Lok Sabha on Monday passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Pakistan has got its first-ever woman Chief Justice of a high court. Justice Tahira Safdar was named as the Chief Justice of the Balochistan High Court by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar.
- The first meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Committee on Border Haats concluded in Agartala, Tripura today. During the two day meeting both sides noted the positive impact of Border Haats on the livelihoods of the people living in areas adjoining the Haats.
- NITI Aayog signs SoI with Lupin Foundation for Collaborating in Aspirational Districts i.e To work across the states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan to create templates for concerted development policy.
- The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee officially presented its Olympic mascots Miraitowa and Someity at a massive event here on Sunday.
- India has been seeded fifth and placed in Group 'E' with Switzerland and Saudi Arabia in the men's team event of the WSF-World Junior Squash Championship, which begins here tomorrow.Egypt, which has dominated in the individual events of the world junior championship, has been given the top billing.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Capital of Uganda:Kampala.
- Currency of Uganda :Ugandan Shilling.
- NITI Aayog CEO : Amitabh Kant.
- NITI Aayog vice-Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
- Mascots of 2020 Tokyo Olympics: Miraitowa and Someity.
- Governor of Madhyapradesh: Anandiben Patel.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh : Shivraj Singh Chauhan.