One Liner GK Current Affairs - 29th June 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs - 29th June 2018 has a list of all the Latest New Headlines from the News Headlines of today which are all very important for the upcoming government examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Aspirants should go through these in details to get a better understanding of each of the topics involved here. We hope aspirants will go through all the sections on a regular basis.
New Appointments: National
- The government last week appointed Sriram as managing director and CEO of IDBI Bank for a temporary period of three months.
- Japanese air-conditioner maker Daikin Industries Ltd on Thursday said that it has inducted Kanwal Jeet Jawa, CEO & MD of Daikin India into its Japan board.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- RBL Bank said it has raised its stake in Swadhaar Finserve Pvt. Ltd to 100% from 60.48%. The bank has bought the stake it did not own from US –based non-profit Accion.
- The country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) is in the process of closing down nine foreign branches as part of rationalisation of overseas operations.
- The Export-Import Bank of India(Exim Bank) announced that it has extended USD 10 million worth of line of credit (LOC) to Seychelles for healthcare and procurement of goods and projects.
- In a major political and economic blow, Pakistan was placed on the grey list of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) late on Wednesday after a plenary meeting in Paris, according to diplomatic sources.
Rankings & Indexes
- Cost of living for expatriates in Mumbai is the highest in the country, and more expensive than its global peers like Melbourne and Frankfurt, said a survey.
- The US State Department categorised North Korea as as one of the "worst human trafficking nation" for the 16th straight year, citing the use of forced labour.
- India has improved its ranking by one notch to 35th in the global real estate transparency index, driven by policy reforms and liberalisation of FDI rules in property as well as retail sectors, realty consultant JLL said.
- According to Mercer's 24th annual Cost of Living Survey, Mumbai is India’s most expensive city, followed by New Delhi and Chennai.
- India’s IT capital and startup hub Bengaluru has been ranked as the second best city in the world in terms of launching tech startups.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the institution of “Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal
- India has pledged USD 5 million in assistance to the UN agency working for the welfare of Palestinian refugees to help bolster its “severe funding crisis” following US’ cut in its annual aid to UNRWA.
- After US re-imposed sanctions against Iran after it withdrew from the 2015 nuclear deal, India is planning to cut oil imports from Iran, and replacing them with more purchases from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
- Union Cabinet approved the setting up of two more underground crude oil storage facilities -- one each in Odisha and Karnataka -- in order to increase India's emergency stockpile by 12 days to 22 days.
- In a landmark decision, a Higher Education Commission of India (Repeal of University Grants Commission Act) Bill 2018 which seeks to repeal UGC Act and provides for setting up of Higher Education Commission of India has been prepared by the Ministry of HRD and placed in public domain for comments and suggestions
Science & Technology
- India, created history after NASA launched the world’s smallest satellite, built by 18-year old Tamil Nadu student Rifath Sharook and his team
Defence & Railway News
- The navies of India and Indonesia participated in Passage Exercise (PASSEX), the Navy said today.
- Defence Secretary Shri Sanjay Mitra, in the presence of Engineer-in-Chief Lt Gen SK Shrivastava launched Military Engineer Services (MES) Website, to provide infrastructure (development and maintenance) support to Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and DRDO.
Application / Portal
- At just 573 kilobytes, "Instagram Lite" app is 1/55th the size of Instagram’s 32 megabyte main app.
Schemes / Programme
- The prime minister had launched the Van Dhan Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED on April 14 during the celebrations of B R Ambedkar's birth anniversary in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur, a statement issued by the ministry said
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Niti Aayog's Women Entrepreneurs Platform (WEP) today signed statement of intent (SoI) with financial institutions & social organisations with an aim to increase the number of women entrepreneurs.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was apprised of agreements signed between India and Denmark for cooperation in the fields of animal husbandry and dairying, and on cooperation in the field of science, technology and innovation.
Merger & Acquisitions
- Having taken the Indian telecom market by storm since its entry, Reliance Jio has now gone past Vodafone to become the second largest telecom service provider in the country by ‘access service gross revenues’, according to data published by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Summit /Conference / Events
- POSHAN Abhiyaan was launched by the Prime Minister on 8thMarch, 2018 in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan. Now, Effective monitoring and Timely interventions along with use of Specially designed software will surely help achieve the target of Poshan Abhiyan.
- US President Donald Trump and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin will hold a summit in the Finnish capital, Helsinki, next month.
- Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation and ISI are having a joint event on 29th June, 2018 at Kolkata to celebrate the Statistics Day and the closing ceremony of the 125th birth of Prof. P. C. Mahalanobis.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- India sprinter Dutee Chand set a new national record in the women’s 100-metre race on Friday when she clocked 11.29 seconds at the 58th National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships being held at Sarusajai Stadium, Guwahati.
- Forward Rani Rampal was named as the captain of India's 18-member squad for the women's hockey World Cup to be played in London next month.
- Sixteen-year-old Manu Bhaker won the top prize in 10m air pistol event at ISSF Junior World Cup in Germany. Apart from the CWG gold medal, this was Manu's seventh ISSF individual gold in the year, third with a world record
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- The Ministry of Shipping’s flagship programme for port-led-prosperity ‘Sagarmala’ received the ‘Gold Award’ in infrastructure sector in the recently concluded 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- IDBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- Japan national football team Captain: Makoto Hasebe
- Japan national football team Head coach: Akira Nishino
- RBL Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- Pakistan Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
- Pakistan Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Pakistan Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Paris Currency: Euro
- North Korea Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
- North Korea Currency: North Korean won
- UNRWA: The United Nations Relief and Works Agency
- UNRWA Leader: Pierre Krähenbühl
- Kuwait Capital: Kuwait City
- Kuwait Currency: Kuwaiti dinar
- Saudi Arabia Capital: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia Currency: Saudi riyal
- Saudi Arabia King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Vodafone CEO: Vittorio Colao
- Vodafone Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Germany Football Team Head coach: Joachim Löw
- Captain: Manuel Neuer