One Liner GK Current Affairs - 18th June 2018
The present One Liner GK Current Affairs - 18th June 2018 joins a segment of the Latest New Topics all given in single sentences. We get only those news which are fundamental for the Competitive Examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other Railway or Private Examinations. At the complete of the article we pass on to our perusers a plan of GK Pointers which rely upon the given CA topics and respect bolster your knowledge. We trust hopefuls will find this article to a great degree obliging. For more such articles keep passing by our site.
New Appointments: International
- Iván Duque wins election to become Colombia's president
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The World Bank has approved 700 million dollar to help Bangladesh achieve its education for all vision by improving the primary education sector.
Rankings & Indexes
- The US has surpassed India to become the top destination for greenfield FDI investment in 2017
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will embark on a four-nation visit to Italy, France, Luxembourg and Brussels from June 17-23.
- India has agreed to open four new air entry points to Nepal in the eastern and western parts of the country.
- India is planning to gift a Dornier aircraft to Seychelles and explore trilateral cooperation involving France that will safeguard its strategic interests in the backdrop of President Danny Faure’s announcement to cancel the project to jointly develop a naval base on Assumption Island ahead of his June 25 Delhi visit.
- An 18-year-old girl has become the first in Jharkhand's Uchwawal village to clear the Class 10 exam conducted by the state board.
- Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli’s upcoming five-day visit to China, his first after re-election, will see the two countries sign a number of agreements including one on energy cooperation and construction of a railway line connecting Kerung in Tibet to capital Kathmandu.
- U.K. excludes India from relaxed student visa rules
Schemes / Programme
- The National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) was launched on 12th April 2005, to provide accessible, affordable and accountable quality health services to the poorest households in the remotest rural regions.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The fourth meeting of Niti Aayog's Governing Council began here with main agenda of deliberating upon measures taken to double farmers' income and the progress of government's flagship schemes.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Col Rajyavardhan Rathore will inaugurate the European Union Film Festival at Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Brooks Koepka wins US Open title for second year in a row
- Roger Federer celebrated returning to the top of the world rankings by defeating Milos Raonic in the final of the Stuttgart Open on Sunday and lifting the 98th tour-level title of his garlanded career
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Five-time champions Brazil failed to win their opening match of a FIFA World Cup 2018 while Germany lost their opening match at a FIFA World Cup 2018 for the first time in 36 years.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Colombia President: Juan Manuel Santos
- Colombia Capital: Bogotá
- Colombia Currency: Colombian peso
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- World Bank Founders: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
- FDI: Foreign direct investment
- Italy Capital: Rome
- Italy Currency: Euro
- France Capital: Paris
- France President: Emmanuel Macron
- Luxembourg Capital: Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg Currency: Euro
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Seychelles Capital: Victoria
- Seychelles Currency: Seychellois rupee
- Seychelles Continent: Africa
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China Capital: Beijing
- China President: Xi Jinping
- UK Prime minister: Theresa May
- UK Capital: London
- UK Currency: Pound sterling
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump