One Liner GK Current Affairs: 24th May 2018
Today's One Liner GK Current Affairs: 24th May 2018 has all the important and Latest News Headlines explained in single sentences which are very important for the upcoming Competitive Examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and Railway. We have also included some of the GK Pointers at the end of the article in Static GK and Note Down Points. We hope aspirants will find this really very helpful in their preparation.
New Appointments: National
- Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy took oath against the backdrop of Karnataka's imposing Vidhan Soudha in the presence of more than a dozen non-BJP leaders from across the country.
- State-run power equipment maker BHEL said Pravin L Agrawal has been appointed as part-time official director on its board.
New Appointments: International
- The New York Stock Exchange has appointed Chief Operating Officer Stacey Cunningham as its first female president.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Bank Note Paper Mill India (BNPM) is a jont venture of Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (BRBNMPL) and Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India (SPMCIL)
Rankings & Indexes
- According to a Lancet study, India ranks 145th among 195 countries in terms of quality and accessibility of healthcare, behind its neighbours like China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bhutan.
- Leading digital financial services platform, MobiKwik, announced the launch of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its platform via its own Virtual payment address (VPA) handle @ikwik.
- Netherlands PM Mark Rutte arrives in India on two-day visit to meet PM Narendra Modi
- The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) is planning to launch its Americas Regional Office in Brazil this year
Defence & Railway News
- Uttarakhand to host 13th edition of annual India-Nepal Surya Kiran joint military exercise
- People can now pay later for tickets booked under the tatkal quota on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) website
Application / Portal
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched 'My MP Rojgar Portal' in 'Ham Chhu Lenge Asman' Mukhyamantri Career Counselling programme ‘Pahal' in Model School of Bhopal.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- ABB India and Niti Aayog today inked a pact to help the country reap the benefits of latest technologies including robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Nepal and India to run joint operation to check wildlife poaching
Summit /Conference / Events
- Prime Minister chairs twenty-sixth interaction through PRAGAT.
- A three-day Smart Cities India 2018 Expo, began in New Delhi.
- Third Mission Innovation Ministerial (MI-3), will be co-hosted by Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, the European Commission and the Nordic Council of Ministers in the cities of Copenhagen and Malmö respectively.
- The 71st Session of the World Health Organization's (WHO) World Health Assembly (WHA) will take place in Geneva, Switzerland
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Olga Tokarczuk of Poland Wins Man Booker International Prize
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Former South Africa Test captain AB de Villiers said he had "run out of gas" as he announced his retirement from international cricket.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Karnataka Chief minister: H. D. Kumaraswamy
- Karnataka Capital: Bengaluru
- BHEL: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- BHEL Headquarters: New Delhi
- BHEL CEO: Atul Sobti
- NYSE: New York Stock Exchange
- RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China Capital: Beijing
- China President: Xi Jinping
- Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Bangladesh Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Bangladesh President: Abdul Hamid
- Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Sri Lanka Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Bhutan Capital: Thimphu
- Bhutan Currencies: Indian rupee, Bhutanese ngultrum
- Bhutan Official language: Dzongkha
- Mobiwik CEO: Bipin Preet Singh
- Mobiwik Headquarters: Gurugram
- Netherlands Capital: Amsterdam
- NDB: New Development Bank
- NDB Headquarters: Shanghai, China
- NDB President: K. V. Kamath
- NDB Founder: BRICS
- Brazil President: Michel Temer
- Brazil Capital: Brasília
- Brazil Currency: Brazilian real
- U.S. President: Donald Trump Trending
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.