One Liner GK Current Affairs: 18th May 2018
In our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs: 18th May 2018 we have brought to you some of the Latest News Headlines of 17th and 18th May all in single short sentences. We have also included a list of GK Pointers based on the News Topics for reference and preparation. Make sure you note down these points to revise before your exams. We have picked up only those kinds of news which have a greater chance of being asked in different Competitive Examinations like IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, DENA Bank, Railway ALP and Railway Group D and other similar examinations. You may also follow our Daily Current Affairs Quiz for 18th May 2018.
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is observed on 17th May. 2018 Theme: "Enabling the positive use of Artificial Intelligence for All"
New Appointments: National
- Uttam Pacharne has been appointed as the chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi
- Minister of State for External Affairs General VK Singh visits North Korea, first high-level visit from India in 20 years.
- The Himachal Pradesh government will spend Rs 25 crore on renovating and developing the historic British Raj 'Bantony Castle Estate' here as a major tourist attraction.
- India's first solar powered railway station is in Guwahati
- Indore is the cleanest city in India
- Bombay Stock Exchange is first Indian exchange to get US SEC recognition
- Mangaluru city has been adjudged the best in solid waste management
- Gujarat Governor to hold additional charge of MP
- An All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is opening up at Deogharh in Jharkhand
- Guatemala becomes the second city to Open its Own Embassy in Jerusalem after U.S.
Schemes / Programme
- The Cabinet approved the National Policy on Biofuels which allows doping of ethanol produced from damaged food grains, rotten potatoes, corn and sugar beet with petrol to cut oil imports by Rs 4,000 crore this year alone.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Morocco in the legal field
- The Centre has approved an agreement between India, Brunei in exchange of information and assistance
Merger & Acquisitions
- Tata Steel to acquire Bhushan Steel through its step-down subsidiary Bamnipal Steel
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- NPCIL wins Russian award for 'Atom on Wheels' campaign
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- BSE: Bombay Stock Exchange
- BSE Established in: 1875
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem
- Israel Currency: Israeli new shekel.
- North Korea Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un Trending
- North Korea Capital: Pyongyang
- North Korea Currency: North Korean won
- NPCIL: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
- NPCIL Headquarters: Maharashtra
- Russia President: Vladimir Putin Trending
- Russia Capital: Moscow
- Russia Currency: Russian ruble
- Morocco King: Mohammed VI of Morocco
- Morocco Capital: Rabat
- Morocco Currency: Moroccan dirham
- Guatemala Capital: Guatemala City
- Guatemala Currency: Guatemalan quetzal
- Tata Steel CEO: T. V. Narendran
- Tata Steel Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tata Steel Founder: Jamsetji Tata