One Liner GK and Current Affairs - 25th May 2018
Once again we have brought to you One Liner GK and Current Affairs - 25th May 2018. These are a set of Latest News Headlines with GK Points based on the important news have been mentioned at the end of the article. These are very important for the upcoming examinations of IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL and other similar examinations. Aspirants should go through these in details to collect detailed information on some specific topics. Also, follow the Daily Current Affairs Updates and Daily Current Affairs Quiz on a regular basis.
New Appointments: National
- Airtel Payments Bank said that it has appointed former ICICI Bank senior executive Anubrata Biswas as its Managing Director and CEO.
- According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), Nepal has become the first country in south-east Asia to eliminate trachoma, world's leading cause of preventable blindness of infectious origin.
Defence & Railway News
- India and Nepal's joint military exercise Surya Kiran-XIII will be held at Uttarakhand's Pithoragarh district from May 30 to June 12.
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput has been roped in to promote two major initiatives of the NITI Aayog- BHIM and the Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
Application / Portal
- The UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund) launched Data Visualisation App to provide user-friendly visual representation of complex analytics of education scenario in India.
Schemes / Programme
- Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Samagra Shiksha scheme for school education.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Prime Minister of Netherlands Mark Rutte on Friday inaugurated the Indo-Dutch Ganga Forum to take forward the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India and the Ministry of Infrastructure & Environment of the Netherlands in June last year.
- CSC SPV and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) signed an MoU for providing financial support to CSCs across the country in the auspicious presence of Minister of Electronics & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India along with Ministry of Commerce of Cambodia organized the 5th India-CLMV Business Conclave in Phnom Penh on 21-22 May 2018.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Former World Champion Tejaswini Sawant continued to assert her prowess in rifle prone event by bagging the gold in the Grand Prix in Munich, a prelude to the World Cup.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research has been awarded the Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award 2018 in the Government Research Organizations Category.
- Arunachal Pradesh-based NGO Singchung Bugun Community Reserve (SBVCR) won the India Biodiversity Award 2018 in the “Conservation of wildlife species” category.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Vivo Announces 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Campaign, "My Time, My FIFA World Cup"
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Airtel Payments Bank CEO: Shashi Arora (1 Jun 2016–)
- Airtel Payments Bank Headquarters: New Delhi India
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- WHO Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- UNICEF Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
- UNICEF Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Netherland Prime minister: Mark Rutte
- Netherland Capital: Amsterdam
- SIDBI: Small Industries Development Bank of India
- SIDBI CEO: Dr. Kshatrapati Shivaji
- SIDBI Headquarters: Lucknow
- Cambodia Capital: Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Currency: Cambodian riel
- VIVO Founder: Shen Wei
- VIVO Headquarters: Dongguan, China
- VIVO CEO: Shen Wei