One Liner GK Current Affairs - 23rd April 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs for 23rd April 2018 has Latest Current Affairs One Liners which are very important for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. A List of GK points have been added at the end of the article which are very important for all kinds of examinations. Other than it can also help you to boost your knowledge in various kinds of genres. Aspirants can also follow the Daily Current Affairs Updates and Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
- World Book Day was celebrated for the first time on 23 April 1995
Rankings & Indexes
- Bengal has once again topped in the country with Digambarpur Gram Panchayat (GP) bagging the Centre's award for the best GP in the country.
- TCS First Indian IT Company To Touch 100 Billion Dollar Market Value
- The Union Home Ministry revoked the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act from Meghalaya while diluting it in other regions of Arunachal Pradesh
- India's GDP expected to reach 5 trillion dollar by 2025
- The Madras High Court became first court in south India and overall eighth in the country to introduce e-court fee payment facility
Books & Authors
- Nitish Kumar released the books titled- 'Mister M K Gandhi Ki Champaran Diary' written by Arvind Mohan, 'Champaran Andolan 1917' edited by Ashutosh Partheshwar and 'Pir Muhammad Munis: Kalam Ka Satyagrahi' collected and edited by Srikant.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), one of the leading public sector banks, entered into an agreement for information utility services with the National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL).
Summit /Conference / Events
- Winners of the ‘1st Print Biennale India 2018’ given away awards in New Delhi
- The 8th South Asian Judo Championship begins in Lalitpur
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Rafael Nadal powered to a record 11th Monte Carlo Masters title with a straight-sets victory over Kei Nishikori.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- West Bengal Capital: Kolkata
- West Bengal Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- TCS CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
- TCS Headquarters: Mumbai
- Meghalaya Capital: Shillong
- Meghalaya chief Minister: Conrad Sangma
- Chennai Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Chennai CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Indian Overseas Bank Headquarters: Chennai
- Indian Overseas Bank CEO: R. Subramaniakumar
- Rafael Nadal is a Spanish Professional Tennis Player