Current Affairs Updates - 10th April 2018
Current Affairs Updates for 10th April 2018 has all the important and Latest Current Affairs news and based on the latest pattern of government examinations we have picked up some of these. We hope aspirants will find this article helpful. They are important for the upcoming examinations of IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SSC CGL,SSC CHSL and other similar examinations. we also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Daily Current Affairs One Liner and Static GK and Note Down Points for better practice and to boost your preparation in the examination.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
India's forex reserves rise to life-time high of 424 billion dollar
- The country's foreign exchange reserves hit a life-time high of 424.361 billion dollar after rising by 1.828 billion dollar in the week to March 30, helped by rise in foreign currency assets
SBI to invest Rs 80 bn in hydropower project of Nepal
- The State Bank of India (SBI) will be investing a total of Rs 80 billion in the Arun III hydropower project of Nepal, which has 900 megawatts (MW) electricity production capacities.
Rankings & Indexes
According to the report of OpenSignal, Patna tops in 4G connectivity among 20 of India’s largest cities.
- Four cities from India’s central and eastern regions—Patna, Kanpur, Allahabad, Kolkata, Bhopal and Lucknow—made it to the top 10 while popular tech hubs like Bengaluru is at 10.
Assam's Spring Festival begins in Manas National Park
- The two-day Assam Spring Festival began at the Manas National Park on Saturday where visitors will get to experience the state's local food, music, handloom and handicrafts.
Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation will be on an official visit to the Republic of Korea from 9 April 2018.
- During the 4 day visit, Shri Gadkari will focus on taking forward the bilateral cooperation between India andKorea in shipping, ports, inland waterways, highways, river interlinking and infrastructure sectors. An Undertaking on Mutual Recognition of Certificate of Competency of sea-farers will be signed during the visit.
Haryana govt announces special benefits to TB patients
- With the motto “TB Harega-Desh Jeetega”, Haryana health minister Anil Vij urged people to come forward as leaders to make the world TB-free.
The government of Maharashtra announced that cancer patients would be provided free chemotherapy treatment at district hospitals with the first phase of the plan starting in June
- The plan will start with hospitals in Nagpur, Gadchiroli, Pune, Amravati, Jalgaon, Nashik, Wardha, Satara, Bhandara and Akola, an official release said.
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s ruling Fidesz-KDNP coalition won the general elections in Hungary
- Two other parties made it to the parliament, the green-eco LMP with 6.69 per cent and the left-liberal DK (Democratic coalition) with 5.45 per cent.
Science & Technology
Researchers of the University of Illinois at Chicago and Nosopharm, a biotechnology company in France, are part of a team reporting on the discovery of a new class of antibiotics.
- First identified by Nosopharm, it is unique and promising on two fronts: its unconventional source and its distinct way of killing bacteria, both of which suggest the compound may be effective at treating drug-resistant or hard-to-treat infections.
Defence & Railway News
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia concluded "Desert Tiger 5" joint military exercise aimed at sharing expertise and enhancing joint military actions
- The military exercise was implemented within the framework of the UAE leadership's continued desire "to support and create unique partnerships between both countries in all areas."
Application / Portal
Tamil Nadu Govt Launches Mobile App Bi-lingual 'Uzhavan' for Farmers
- The app, which can be downloaded from Google Playstore, can be used by farmers to get information on farm subsidies, book farm equipment and related infrastructure and get details
Schemes / Programme
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme in Delhi and distributed new LPG connections and cylinders to beneficiaries.
- During the event, about 400 LPG connections were handed over to families belonging to below poverty line category.
Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the state component of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) in Agartala on April 07.
- The CM also said that small-scale industries will be provided land, security and other assistance to boost their productivity. He also informed that the government is planning to promote industrialisation based on pineapple, bamboo, rubber and jackfruit.
Ganga Hariteema Yojana launched by Uttar Pradesh Government in 27 Districts
- In Uttar Pradesh Ganga Hariteema Yojana (Ganga Greenery scheme) is being launched today in 27 districts of the state located on the bank of river Ganga.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia concluded "Desert Tiger 5" joint military exercise aimed at sharing expertise and enhancing joint military actions.
- The military exercise was implemented within the framework of the UAE leadership's continued desire "to support and create unique partnerships between both countries in all areas".
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
India and Equatorial Guinea sign four agreements after delegation-level talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and Equatorial Guinea President
- Both countries express deep concern over the rising threats of terrorism, call for strengthening cooperation in fight against this menace.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart K P Sharma Oli today held extensive deliberations covering entire expanse of bilateral relationship and vowed to boost ties in key areas of defence and security, connectivity and trade.
- The Prime Minister said cooperation between the two countries will enhance Nepal’s democracy. Modi also said the two countries agreed on laying a new railway line to link Kathmandu with India.
Summit /Conference / Events
First Meeting of NITI Forum Announced in Tripura
- The government of India’s policy think-tank NITI Aayog announced to hold the first meeting of a newly constituted ‘NITI Forum for North East’ on Tuesday (10, April) in Agartala, Tripura under the theme “Moving towards a prosperous North East Region”.
Awards & Honours: Sports
Sebastian Vettel wins Bahrain Grand Prix after mechanic hit by Ferrari car
- Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel won for the second time in as many races but the Italian team's victory was overshadowed after one of its mechanics suffered a broken leg when he was hit by Kimi Raikkonen's car during a pit stop at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Commonwealth Games 2018: Weightlifting success continues for India as Punam Yadav makes it a fifth gold
- The gold rush continued in weightlifting for India as Punam Yadav added a fifth to the tally with a top finish in the 69kg category of the 21st Commonwealth Games on Sunday.
CWG 2018: Men's team emulates women's in winning table tennis gold
- A day after the Indian women's table tennis team delivered India its first gold medal at any Commonwealth Games, the men's contingent repeated the success with a 3-0 win over Nigeria at Gold Coast, Australia.
CWG '18: Mehuli Ghosh, Apurvi Chandela clinch silver, bronze in shooting
- Indian shooters continued their medal rush at the 21st Commonwealth Games here on Monday, with Mehuli Ghosh and Apurvi Chandela bagging silver and bronze respectively in the Women's 10m Air Rifle competition.
Weightlifter Pardeep claims silver at CWG 2018
- Indian weightlifter Pardeep Singh (105kg) came agonisingly close to a gold but eventually settled for a silver after a close contest with Samoa’s Sanele Mao in the Common wealth Games
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
President Kovind conferred highest civilian honour of Swaziland
- President Ram Nath Kovind is now on the second leg of his 3 nation Africa tour having arrived at Swaziland. He will be addressing the Swaziland Parliament on Tuesday