One Liner GK Current Affairs: 29th March 2018
One Liner GK Current Affairs: 29th March 2018 has all the important and Latest headlines given as one liner in single sentences based on the Current Pattern of Bank, Rail and SSC. Aspirants should also go through the Daily Current Affairs Quiz and Current Affairs Updates regularly for better performance in the examination. We hope these articles are useful to our readers. We are also providing some Static GK Questions at the end of this article which readers can go through for better performance.
New Appointments: National
- Indu Bhushan was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Centre's ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (ABNHPM).
RBI in News
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of 58.9 crore on ICICI Bank Ltd for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on direct sale of securities from its Held To Maturity (HTM) portfolio and specified disclosure in this regard.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Multi-lateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 80 million loan for hill state Himachal Pradesh to fund modernisation of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions and improve skills ecosystem to help boost employability of the youth.
- SEBI to allow ‘physical settlement’ in derivatives
- The government has allowed export of two million tonne of sugar until the end of 2017-18 marketing year, in order to clear surplus stocks and improve cash flow to millers for making payment to sugarcane farmers.
- The NITI Aayog, launched the baseline ranking for 115 aspirational districts based on 49 indicators across five sectors that include health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion and skill development, and basic infrastructure.
- The government approved amendments to the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill including removing the contentious provision of “bridge course”
Science & Technology
- India's latest communication satellite GSAT-6A was launched onboard by Geosynchronous rocket GSLV-F08 from Sriharikota and successfully placed in the designated orbit.
Application / Portal
- EPFO launches new portal to provide Know passbook, pension credit date related info. The enhanced "Track eKYC" facility for the convenience of members has also been launched to check the status of Aadhaar seeded against their Universal Account Number (UAN).
Schemes / Programme
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved continuation of the Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Education Loans and continuation and modification of the Central Sector Interest Subsidy (CSIS) Scheme with a financial outlay of Rs 6,600 crore for the period from 2017-18 to 2019-20
- Cabinet approves Schemes of North Eastern Council (NEC) including continuation of existing Schemes Expenditure worth Rs.4500 crore approved for three years upto March, 2020 NEC Special Development Project for NE States as Central Sector Scheme with 100% grant from Centre NLCPR transferred to NEC for implementation
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Union Cabinet has approved signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Kingdom and Northern Ireland regarding cooperation in the field of organised crime.
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Canada to establish bilateral cooperation activities in field of Intellectual Property (IP).
Summit /Conference / Events
- Food Processing Industries minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal will inaugurate the first mega food park at Roopangarh Village in Ajmer, Rajasthan
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Currency: Indian Rupee
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- ICICI CEO: Chanda Kochhar
- ICICI Headquarters: Mumbai
- ADB: Asian Development Bank
- ADB Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- ADB President: Takehiko Nakao
- ADB Motto: Fighting poverty in Asia and the Pacific
- SEBI: Securities and Exchange Board of India
- SEBI Founded: 12 April 1992
- SEBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- SEBI Agency executive: Ajay Tyagi (Chairman)
- ISRO Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru
- ISRO Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- EPFO Headquarters: New Delhi
- EPFO CEO: V. P. Joy
- UK Capital: London
- UK Prime minister: Theresa May
- UK Currency: Pound
- Northern Ireland Capital: Belfast
- Northern Ireland Currency: Pound sterling
- Canada's Capital: Ottawa
- Canada's Prime minister: Justin Trudeau