One Liner GK Current Affairs: 16th March 2018
Achieversrule has brought today a list of Latest Current Affairs all explained in a single line in very short sentences in our today's One Liner GK Current Affairs: 16th March 2018. These are sorted and handpicked based on their importance for the upcoming examinations like IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, SBI PO and CLERK and SSC CGL and CHSL. We hope readers will be highly benefited from our articles. We would like them to keep following us regularly and also provide us with feedback at regular intervals so that we can always bring up better articles for all of you.
New Appointments: International
- Gina Haspel, the newly nominated first-ever female director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), is a career intelligence officer with more than 30 years' experience.
- Angela Merkel sworn in for fourth term as German chancellor
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- World Bank forecasts India GDP growth rate at 7.3% in 2018-19
- Continuing the positive growth path, India's exports grew by 4.5 per cent in February to 25.8 billion dollar.
Rankings & Indexes
- Pune came on top in the fifth edition of the Annual Survey of India’s City-Systems (ASICS), edging out Thiruvananthapuram which had topped the previous two editions of the survey.
- The World Happiness Index 2018, which measures 156 countries in terms of happiness, has placed India in the 133rd position, a drop of 11 places from last year's 122nd rank. The country was ranked 118th in 2016.
- India has been ranked at 78th, lower than its emerging market peers like Brazil and China, among 114 countries on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) energy transition index that was topped by Sweden.
- As per the Worldwide Cost of Living 2018 survey, Three Indian cities- New Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai- are among the cheapest cities in the world and Singapore is the most expensive city
- President Kovind inaugurates World Hindi Secretariat building in Mauritius
- The US Trade Representative (USTR) has challenged Indian export subsidy schemes at World Trade Organisation (WTO), saying these programmes harm its manufacturing sector and workers by creating an uneven playing field.
- Oklahoma to become first U.S. state to use nitrogen gas for executions
Defence & Railway News
- The Indian Air Force's largest transport aircraft — C-17 Globemaster — landed at Arunachal Pradesh's Tuting airfield which is close to the Chinese border.
Application / Portal
- NCRB has introduced a Mobile App called “Citizen Services” that will provide smooth interface between Citizens and Police.
Schemes / Programme
- HRD Ministry to set up ‘Innovation Cell’ to promote education
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The Telangana government is setting up a 100-crore Apparel Super Hub in Sircilla. It signed a memorandum of understanding with Kay Ventures to roll out the project.
- Health ministry & WHO sign an agreement for enhanced cooperation in health sector
- India and Madagascar have signed an umbrella agreement in the field of defence.
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) inked between India and Sri Lanka for promoting cooperation in field of Information Technology and Electronics (IT&E)
Summit /Conference / Events
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates Asia-Pacific Regional Conference of IACP. Theme of the conference is "Challenges to Policing in 2020 - How is Cyber Space shaping our approach to Cybercrime and Terrorism, how do we perform within it and take advantage of it".
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- The 2017 Kochon Prize was awarded to the Indian Council of Medical Research in New Delhi for building a tradition of excellence in TB research and development.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- The Indian football team has re-entered the top-100 of the FIFA world rankings and is now placed at 99th at the latest chart.
- Lebanese author, feminist Emily Nasrallah passes away at 87
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Germany President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier Trending
- Germany Capital: Berlin
- Central Intelligence Agency Headquarters: Langley, Virginia, United States
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- World Bank Founded: 1944
- Brazil Capital: Brasília
- Brazil Currency: Brazilian real
- Brazil Official language: Portuguese
- Chinese Capital: Beijing
- Chinese Currency: Renminbi
- Chinese President: Xi Jinping
- World Trade Organization Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- World Trade Organization Leader: Roberto Azevêdo
- U.S. Attorney general: Jefferson Sessions
- U.S. Capital: Washington, D.C.
- U.S. President: Donald Trump
- National Crime Records Bureau Headquarters: New Delhi
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- WHO Founded: 7 April 1948
- WHO Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Madagascar Capital: Antananarivo
- Sri Lanka Capitals: Colombo
- Sri Lanka Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- FIFA: Fédération Internationale de Football Association
- FIFA President: Gianni Infantino Trending
- FIFA Secretary General: Fatma Samoura
- FIFA Membership: 211 national associations
- FIFA Senior Vice-President: David Chung
- FIFA Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland