One Liner GK Current Affairs: 13th March 2018
Here, we have provided the Oneliner GK Current Affairs for 13th March 2018. These are all Updated One Liners and are easy to study. We hope our readers learn their best from these points. These are very vital for any kind of Non-Technical Examination like IBPS Clerk, PO, SSC CGL and Clerk. Candidates should go through the Online GK & Current Affairs Quiz daily for better knowledge and performance in the examination.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITESCommittees in News
- The Centre constituted a three-member Mahanadi Water Disputes Tribunal to adjudicate the dispute between Odisha and Chhattisgarh over sharing the river's water.
- ICICI Bank has launched instant overdraft ‘InstaOD’ facility for MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) customers in a completely online and paperless manner.
- The State Bank of India on Tuesday reduced its charges on non-maintenance of an average monthly balance (AMB) in savings account by up to 75 percent, effective April 1.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a number of schemes for the poor in Varanasi and emphasized on harnessing solar energy for cooking.
- India aims to eradicate tuberculosis by 2025, says PM Modi at Delhi End TB Summit.
- According to data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), India factory output, measured by Index of Industrial Production (IIP) recorded overall 7.5% growth in January 2018, indicating early signs of industrial revival.
- India's tallest national flag was on Monday unfurled in Belagavi (also known as Belgaum) in Karnataka.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals has secured a significant order worth Rs.736 Crore for supply of Steam Generators from Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL).
- The Maldives Parliament has approved the anti-defection bill with retrospective effect amidst boycott by opposition MPs
- India today announced a new Line of Credit of USD 100 million for defence procurement by Mauritius as the two sides signed many agreements on the second day of President Ram Nath Kovind's visit here.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for increased cooperation in effective implementation of insolvency law.
- The government has decided to institute an award 'Union Home Minister's Medal for Excellence in Police Investigation' for promoting high professional standards among police forces.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- ICICI Bank CEO: Chanda Kochhar
- ICICI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
- MSME: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- SBI Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- CSO: Central Statistical Office
- IIP: Index of Industrial Production
- Karnataka Capital: Bengaluru
- BHEL: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- BHEL Headquarters: New Delhi
- BHEL CEO: Atul Sobti
- NPCIL: Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Maldives Capital: Malé
- Maldives Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- Mauritius Capital: Port Louis
- Mauritius Currency: Mauritian rupee
- IBBI: Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- IBBI Headquarters: Connaught Place, New Delhi
- RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel