Railway Vaccancies 2018: ALP & Technicians - 26502 Posts
Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date for submitting application. Candidates waiting for results of prescribed educational qualification should not apply.
Important Dates to be remembered:
- Date of publication: 03.02.2018.
- Date & Time of Closing: 05.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
- First stage Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018.
- Dates for other stages of recruitment process shall be intimated through RRB's website.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through RRB websites listed in Para 19.0 ONLY. One application ONLY is required to be submitted for all the notified posts in this CEN. Any attempt by a candidate to submit more than one application against this CEN shall result in disqualification and debarment.
- Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith.
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for. Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative appointment.
- Scale of pay: Level 02 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of `19900/- plus other allowances as admissible.
- Age (as on 01.07.2018): 18 – 28 Years - Refer para 5.1 for age relaxations.
- Stages of Exam: There shall be two stages examination (First stage CBT and Second Stage CBT) common for ALP and Technician. In addition , candidates who have opted for ALP and qualified in Second Stage CBT have to undergo Computer Based Aptitude Test (AT). Marks will be normalized in all the stages of exam.
- Selection of RRB and Preferences for posts: Candidates may please note that the RRB wise, Railway wise vacancies indicated in this CEN are provisional and these may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway administrations. Accordingly, RRBs will publish updated Vacancy Table on their websites indicating the RRB wise vacancies against various Railways/Production units and posts after the completion of First Stage CBT. Candidates who secure marks, equal to or above the Minimum Qualifying Marks prescribed for various communities/categories (refer Para 13.1) in the First Stage CBT shall be advised to exercise their option for RRB and preference of Railways and Posts within the chosen RRB. These candidates may study the updated Vacancy Table and exercise the options ONLINE as per their eligibility (Qualification, Medical Standard etc) for various posts. It may be noted that candidates can choose only one RRB and indicate their preference of Railway Units and posts against vacancies notified for the chosen RRB only.
- After candidates submit their option for specific RRB/Railway & Posts, RRB wise shortlisting of candidates for Second Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as per the the requirement of Railway Administration) the updated vacancies for that RRB. The short listing for Second Stage CBT will be based on the merit of candidates in First Stage CBT. The RRB wise short listed candidates for Second Stage CBT shall be advised through the websites of RRBs as well as personal communication to the registered mobile number and email to download their e call letter for appearing in the Second Stage CBT.
- Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in First and Second Stage CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer. There shall be no negative marking for Computer Based Aptitude Test.
- Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
- Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
- Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and information in the CEN available on the websites of RRBs. Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 19.0 of the CEN and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.