One Liner GK Current Affairs: 7th February 2018
Today, Achieversrule team has brought to you some important One Liner GK Current Affairs: 7th February 2018 and Static Gk Note Down Points. We hope you all are preparing well for the upcoming Rail exams. We will bring up more new articles for all our readers very soon keeping in mind the latest pattern and the upcoming examinations.
Current Affairs Bites
Committees in News
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has constituted a 13-member advisory committee to monitor and expedite capital acquisition projects for the modernisation of the armed forces.
- Nine member committee constituted by Karnataka government has recommended separate state flag.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Sixth bi-monthly policy statement for 2017-18: repo rate will stand at 6 percent, reverse repo at 5.75 percent, while the benchmark lending rate have been slashed by 0.25 percentage points to 6 percent.
Rankings & Indexes
- According to 'The Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP)' of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has been ranked the top environment policy think tanks in India while it has secured the 16th position in global rankings.
- According to the TIMES Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for educational institutes in Asia, two institutes that have made their way to top 50 are Indian Institute of Science (29th rank) and Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (44).
- The Union Cabinet has approved proposal for ratification of Minamata Convention on Mercury and depositing instrument of ratification enabling India to be a part.
- The Union Cabinet has approved signing and ratification of protocol amending Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and China.
- The Union Cabinet has approved second round of Discovered Small Field (DSF) auctions under Discovered Small Field Policy.
- Cabinet approves placing new recommendation adopted by International Labour Organization (ILO) concerning “The Employment and Decent Work for Peace and Resilience (Recommendation No-205) before Parliament.
- The Union Cabinet approved signing of Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) for Secondment Programme between India and Australia.
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu laid the foundation stone for Rhododendron Park in Tawang.
Science & Technology
- Android Nougat is finally the most widely-used version of Google's smartphone OS.
Defence & Railway News
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has developed the first flight of Hawk-i with indigenous Real Time Operating System (RTOS).
- India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range in Odisha.
Schemes / Programme
- The Union Cabinet has approved implementation of Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme for doctoral students pursuing research in areas related to technology.
- In an attempt to increase farm productivity and farmers’ income, the Haryana government announced the setting up of ‘Haryana Kisan Kalyan Pradhikaran’, an authority which will undertake measures to make agriculture remunerative.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Google and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has signed a pact to integrate a course on ‘Digital Citizenship and Safety’.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Jhulan Goswami becomes first woman cricketer to take 200 wickets in ODIs.
- Kathakali maestro Madavoor Vasudevan Nair collapsed on stage and died while performing at Agasthyacodu Mahadeva Temple.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Karnataka Capital: Bengaluru
- Karnataka Chief Minister: Siddaramaiah
- Repo rate is the rate at which the central bank of a country lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
- Reverse repo rate is the rate at which the central bank of a country borrows money from commercial banks within the country.
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China Capital: Beijing
- International Labour Organization Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- International Labour Organization Founded: 1919
- International Labour Organization Head: Guy Ryder
- Australia Currency: Australian dollar
- Australia Capital: Canberra
- Indian Women Cricket Team Captain: Mithali Raj