One Liner GK Current Affairs: 5th February 2018
Today we have brought to our readers some of the important One Liner GK Current Affairs for 4th and 5th February 2018. These are vital for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC examinations. We hope these will be of utmost help to all in their preparation. Please keep providing us with good response and feedback so that we can come up with more articles based on your needs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
First in India
New Appointments: International
- John Hennessy replaces Eric Schmidt as Alphabet's new board chairman
- Arunachal Pradesh gave a nod to much awaited “Arunachal Pradesh Advertisement Policy 2018" which will enable the government to make payment of government advertisement bills to media houses on a timely basis
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Inland Waterways Authority of India signs project agreement with the World Bank for Jal Marg Vikas Project on Ganga.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The First ever International Kala Mela was inaugurated by the Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi
- President Ram Nath Kovind will be inaugurating the annual “Udyanotsav” of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Fifth International Biennial Conference of Indian Heritage Network (IHCN) was opened up in Odisha signifying socio-cultural heritage surrounding art and craft of India
- Royal Bhutanese Consulate was inaugurated in Guwahati seeking to strengthen North East and Bhutanese bond.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- India lifted a record fourth U-19 World Cup trophy after an eight-wicket rout of Australia in the final, underlining their dominant run in the tournament and giving Rahul Dravid the biggest success of his coaching career.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Shabnam Asthana wins Times Power Woman 2017 award
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- CRISIL: Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited
- CEO of CRISIL: Ashu Suyash
- Headquarters of CRISIL: Mumbai
- CRISIL Established: 1987
- SIDBI: Small Industries Development Bank of India
- SIDBI CEO: Dr. Kshatrapati Shivaji
- SIDBI Founded: 2 April 1990
- Alphabet's CEO: Larry Page
- Alphabet's Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Namdapha National Park is situated in Arunachal Pradesh
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank Members: 189 countries
- U-19 India Captain: Prithvi Shaw
- U-19 India Coach: Rahul Dravid