One Liner GK Current Affairs: 28th February 2018
Here, we are going to present you a list of the Latest Current Affairs Points which are very important for the Upcoming Examinations of Bank like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, Railway and SSC. We hope aspirants will be content with the articles and materials that we are providing. Today's
One Liner GK Current Affairs: 28th February 2018 consists of all the news under sections of National, International Affairs, Banking, Schemes and Awards and Honors. Aspirants should also go through the Daily quizzes for better results.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
- National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman on 28 February 1928.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- The government has categorised about 9,500 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) in the country as “high risk” prone as they had not complied with a stipulated provision of the anti-money laundering law.
- According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), the United States will overtake Russia as the world’s biggest oil producer by 2019 at the latest.
Rankings & Indexes
- India is ranked 47th out of 86 countries when it comes to inclusive Internet and connectivity for all, a Facebook report .
- Women in Saudi Arabia are now permitted to enlist in the army as the kingdom continues to enact reforms granting females more access to a wide range of previously forbidden careers.
- AIIB approves 1.5 billion dollar of loans to India for nvestment in India’s energy, roads and urban development projects.
- King of Jordan Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein arrives in India for a three-day visit starting today
- Saudi Arabia replaced its military chief of staff and other defense officials early in a shake-up apparently aimed at overhauling its Defense Ministry during the stalemated and ruinous war in Yemen.
- The government announced a significant reduction in airfare for those going on the Haj
Science & Technology
- Google India rolled out its feature called “Symptom Search” in India in collaboration with a team of doctors from Apollo Hospitals that lets users find quality health information on their smartphones.
- The government is setting up a National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts (NTCPWC) at IIT Chennai to give technological support to ports and maritime.
Defence & Railway News
- India and Nepal would hold 13th edition of the joint military exercise in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand that will include training on jungle warfare, anti-terrorism combat as well as disaster response activities
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has prioritized 15 cities across the country for development of intermodal stations (IMS), of which Nagpur and Varanasi have been selected as the pilot projects.
Books & Authors
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani released 'India 2018', an annual government publication on its policies and development programmes, in print and online versions, and voiced hope that it will be brought out in all Indian languages from the next year to benefit the public at large.
Application / Portal
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has introduced UAN-Aadhaar linking facility for the convenience of members using EPFO Link in UMANG Mobile App.
Schemes / Programme
- The government has sanctioned Rs. 700 crore for 43 roads and 15 bridges under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) for Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Union Government is all set to roll out Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (GOBAR-DHAN) scheme.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- The shipping ministry has set up a centre in a joint initiative with IIT Madras to accelerate indigenous development of technology and patents, and reduce reliance on costly foreign consultations.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament: Gold medallist Vikas Krishan became first Indian to be adjudged best boxer of event in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Afghanistan's leg-spinner Rashid Khan becomes the youngest captain in international cricket history.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- Bangladesh appoint Courtney Walsh as interim coach
- Tennis legend Roger Federer became the most decorated winner in the history of Laureus World Sports Awards after he won twin honours, his sixth, which includes the Sportsman and Comeback titles at the 18th edition of the prestigious awards ceremony.
- Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal, the senior seer of Kanchi Kamakoti Mutt, passed away.
STATIC GK AND NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Theme of National Science Day: Science and Technology for a sustainable future
- Anti money laundering (AML) refers to a set of procedures, laws and regulations designed to stop the practice of generating income through illegal actions.
- NBFC's: Non-Banking Financial Corporations
- International Energy Agency Secretariat: Paris, France
- International Energy Agency Executive Director: Fatih Birol
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Capital: Moscow
- Currencies: Russian ruble
- Saudi Arabia
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
- Capital: Riyadh
- Currency: Saudi riyal
- AIIB: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- AIIB Headquarters: Beijing, China
- AIIB Membership: 61 Members, 23 prospective members
- AIIB Region Served: Asia and Oceania
- GOOGLE: Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Nepal Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
- EPFO: Employees' Provident Fund Organisation
- EPFO Headquarters: New Delhi
- EPFO CEO: V. P. Joy
- Afghanistan Capital: Kabul
- Afghanistan Currency: Afghan afghani
- Afghanistan President: Ashraf Ghani
- Bangladesh's Capital: Dhaka
- Bangladesh's Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Bangladesh's Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina