One Liner GK Current Affairs: 19th February 2018
We, the Achievers Rule team have brought to you the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs of 19th February 2018. We have updated all the important Current Affairs Updates unders sections of National, International, Banking and Events. We hope that our readers are finding these articles helpful for their upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. We also try to keep our readers updated with all the Latest Employment News along with Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
Current Affairs Bites
First in India & World
- Mumbai to have India’s first artificial intelligence centre
New Appointments: National
- Archaeologist and historian Arvind P. Jamkhedkar will be the next Chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research
RBI in News
- RBI asks banks to accept coins of all denominations from public.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) today announced area development plans worth Rs 1,918 crore for Punjab to supplement farmers' income.
- Ola launches ‘Auto Unnati’, benefit program for Auto driver partners
- Women in Saudi Arabia can now open their own businesses without the consent of a husband or male relative.
Science & Technology
- Chandrayaan-2 is India's second foray to the moon and the Rs. 800 crore mission aims at putting an orbiter around the moon, from which a lander and a rover would detach and reach the lunar surface.
Schemes / Programme
- The Union Government has started water conservation scheme Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABY) to remove crisis of depleting groundwater level.
- The Haryana government has opened subsidised canteens in four districts of Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar and Yamunanagar under the ‘Antyodaya Aahaar Yojana’ to provide healthy, nutritious and hygienic food at low prices.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Digital payments entity PhonePe, has partnered with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for adoption of its indigenously-designed Point of Sale (POS) device at IOCL retail outlets.
- The Botanical Survey of India (BSI) and UK’s Natural History Museum (NHM) have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in field of genetic and taxonomic studies.
- India and Iran signed nine agreements in order to further the bilateral cooperation between the two sides among which it signed an agreement for Avoidance of Double Taxation and Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with regard to taxes on income.
- The Virgin Group led by Richard Branson has signed an agreement with Maharashtra Government to build world’s first hyperloop transportation system between Mumbai and Pune.
Summit /Conference / Events
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is visiting Karnataka to take part in the 88th Mahamastakabhisheka Mahotsav of Bhagawan Bahubali in Shravanabelagola.
- Lok Sabha Speaker, Sumitra Mahajan inaugurated the 6th India region Commonwealth Parliamentary Association conference at Patna in Bihar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Fourth Container Terminal (FCT) of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- The Indian Council of Historical Research is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Indian Council of Historical Research Headquarters: New Delhi
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Interest on reserves: 4.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- NABARD Established: 12 July 1982
- NABARD Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- NABARD Chairman: Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- Saudi Arabia's King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia's Capital: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia's Currency: Saudi riyal
- ISRO Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh
- Phonepe CEO: Sameer Nigam (Dec 2015–)
- Phonepe Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Headquarters: New Delhi
- Botanical Survey of India Headquarters: Kolkata
- Iran's Capital: Tehran Trending
- Iran's Currency: Iranian rial
- Iran's Official language: Persian
- Lok Sabha Speaker: Sumitra Mahajan