One Liner GK Current Affairs: 15th February 2018
We, the Achieversrule team have brought for our candidates the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs: for 10th and 11th February 2018. We hope our readers will find this useful. We request our readers to keep following our site regularly. All the Latest Updates are mentioned in our home page itself. We hope our materials will be of help to you for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Todays note down points are based on National, International, Banking, Obituary and Schemes. These GK Points are not only helpful for the exams but will also help improve your knowledge. You all may go through the Daily GK Quiz for better performance.
New Appointments: National
- Ashok Das, a 1987 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, was named India’s new Ambassador to Brazil.
New Appointments: International
- Cyril Ramaphosa declared president of South Africa
Committees in News
- Punjab government has notified six-member Revenue Commission with an aim to bring greater efficiency and accountability in functioning of the Revenue Department.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- RBI relaxes priority sector lending rule for banks
- Citibank has banned the usage of its credit card and debit cards towards purchase or trading of Bitcoins, cryptocurrencies and other virtual currencies in India.
- In a major fillip to the State government’s plans to develop the electronics industry, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has come forward to invest in Andhra Pradesh
- India’s fifth largest private sector lender Yes Bank has listed $600 million bond issued under its maiden 1 billion dollar MTN programme on Global Securities Market (GSM) of India INX
- The Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs is planning to introduce ranking system for National Sports Federations (NSFs).
- The Union Government is developing soft power matrix, a tool aimed at calibrating effectiveness of India’s soft power outreach and foster better diplomatic traction in India’s immediate neighbourhood and beyond.
- Russian space agency Roskosmos has successfully launched Progress MS-08, an unmanned cargo spacecraft for the International Space Station (ISS).
- India’s biggest electricity producer NTPC Ltd has won tender to supply 300 megawatts (MW) of electricity to power-starved Bangladesh for 15 years.
- The government made amendments in Small Saving Act, proposing the merger of Government Savings Certificates Act, 1959, Public Provident Fund Act, 1968 with the Government Savings Banks Act, 1873.
- R.K. Singh inaugurated the ‘Indian Power Stations 2018’ in New Delhi.
- Delhi-Pune, Delhi-Lucknow are now in top ten air routes in the country.
- State-run NTPC Ltd will supply 300 megawatts (MW) to power-starved Bangladesh as part of India’s strategy of playing a key role in creating a new energy security architecture for its neighbours.
- The government will change the base year to 2017-18 for the calculation of GDP and IIP numbers while for retail inflation the year will be revised to 2018.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) has been allocated Rs 4,859 crore in the Union Budget 2018-19.
- President Ram Nath Kovind hosted the LPG Panchayat at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Bengal became the first state to opt out of the National Health Protection Scheme unveiled in the Union Budget
Science & Technology
- Power equipment maker BHEL has bagged an order worth Rs 560 crore for supply and installation of the flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) system from NTPC for 2x490 MW National Capital Power Station (NCPS) at Dadri in Uttar Pradesh.
Defence & Railway News
- The Defence Acquisition Council chaired by Defence Minister has approved capital acquisition.
- India gets access to strategic port in Oman for military use, to counter China in the Indian Ocean
- Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force (IAF) Air Chief Marshal (ACM) B.S. Dhanoa received a restored World War-II DC3 Dakota aircraft from an IAF veteran.
- Tri-service maritime exercise ‘Paschim Lehar’ was held off India’s western coast with an aim to build interoperability between Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard.
Application / Portal
- Microsoft's LinkedIn has introduced a 'Scheduler' feature, that allows job seekers and employers to schedule meetings through the professional linking platform.
- Radio Umang: India's first online radio station launched
Schemes / Programme
- The 'Assistance to States and UTs for Narcotics Control' scheme has been extended for a further period of 3 years--from 2017-18 to 2019-20--with an estimated budget of Rs 21 crore.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance announced a partnership with Quikr under which its insurance products will be distributed by the digital classifieds platform.
Summit /Conference / Events
- President Ram Nath Kovind hosted an ‘LPG Panchayat at Rashtrapati Bhavan under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana (PMUY).
- India-Russia Agriculture Business Summit held in New Delhi to discuss trade relations in the agricultural sector
- China will host 2018 Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit at Qingdao, eastern Shandong Province in June 2018.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Tamil Nadu beat Manipur 2-1 to lift their maiden title in the 23rd edition of the Senior Women's National Football Championship
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Siddharth Zarabi with 20 years of work experience is currently Executive Editor of Business TV India while Abhijit Majumder is Managing Editor of Mail Today newspaper.
- India’s Aadhaar and Umang App have won awards at recently concluded 6th World Government Summit 2018 in Dubai.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- India to host 8th Theatre Olympics in an effort to put India firmly among the top nations in the world theatre map
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Brazil President: Michel Temer
- Brazil Capital: Brasília
- Brazil Currency: Brazilian real
- South Africa Currency: South African rand
- Punjab Capital: Chandigarh
- RBI Governor: Urjit Patel
- RBI Bank rate: 6.00%
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- Citibank Headquarters: New York City
- Citibank CEO: Barbara J. Desoer
- BHEL Headquarters: New Delhi
- BHEL CEO: Atul Sobti
- Oman Capital: Muscat
- Oman Currency: Omani rial
- China Currency: Renminbi
- China Capital: Beijing
- China President: Xi Jinping
- Bajaj Allianz Headquarters: Pune
- Bajaj Allianz CEO: Tapan Singhel
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai