One Liner GK Current Affairs: 14th February 2018
We, the Achieversrule team have brought for our candidates the Daily One Liner GK Current Affairs:14th February 2018. We hope our readers will find this useful. We request our readers to keep following our site regularly. All the Latest Updates are mentioned in our home page itself. We hope our materials will be of help to you for the upcoming examinations of Bank, Rail and SSC. Todays note down points are based on National, International, Banking, Obituary and Schemes. These GK Points are not only helpful for the exams but will also help improve your knowledge. You all may go through the Daily GK Quiz for better performance.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
- World Radio Day is observed annually on 13 February. Theme for WRD 2018 is "Radio and Sports"
First in India & World
- India's first online radio station 'Radio Umang' launched.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Reserve Bank of India Relaxes Priority Sector Lending Rule For Banks.
- The growth rate in Foreign Tourist Arrivals in January 2018 over January 2017 was 8.4%.
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari released India's first highway capacity manual "Indo-HCM" which will guide road engineers and policymakers on issues related to road expansion.
- India posted a marginal 0.21% rise in the area under forest between 2015 and 2017, according to the biennial India State of Forest Report (SFR) 2017.
- Kannada litterateur Chandrashekar Kambar has been elected as president of the Sahitya Akademi in the election held for the post. Hindi poet Madhav Koushik has been elected as vice-president.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje announced a one-time loan waiver for small and marginal farmers up to ?50,000 each from their outstanding short-term debt in the 2018-19 State budget presented in the Assembly
- India secured access to key strategic Port of Duqm in Oman in the Arabian sea for military use and logistical support.
- NTPC Ltd has won tender to supply 300 megawatts (MW) of electricity to power-starved Bangladesh for 15 years.
- Gevora: The world's tallest hotel opens in Dubai
- Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) launched the first tests of the world’s first autonomous pods at the World Government Summit
- China plans to select 5,000 movie theaters to screen propaganda films and will boost their box offices with group sales, discounted tickets and other financial backing.
- Tanzanian President John Magufuli has announced his country will pull out of the UN's "comprehensive refugee response framework", which provides lasting solutions for refugees, including integration into host communities.
- The Pakistan Peoples Party’s Krishna Kumari is poised to become the country’s first woman Hindu lawmaker next month, after the party nominated her for the upcoming Senate elections.
- The Bank of Baroda (BoB), which is embroiled in controversial banking transactions involving the embattled Gupta family, will no longer operate in South Africa, the country’s central bank said on Monday.
- Professional social network site LinkedIn launched a new tool called ‘Scheduler’ that will help ease the hiring process both for recruiters and candidates as well as avoid fallouts
- Russian space agency Roskosmos has successfully launched Progress MS-08, an unmanned cargo spacecraft for the International Space Station (ISS).
Defence & Railway News
- Russian authorities have demanded over 20 million dollar for rectifying the damage suffered by nuclear submarine INS Chakra, which was dry-docked last week, even as the government is seeking to fix responsibility for the accident.
- The defense ministry of India approved capital acquisition proposals worth Rs.15,935 crore.
Books & Authors
- A book presentation “There’s Something in the Air — 70 Life stories from Italy and India” at the Italian Prime Minister’s office will mark the 70th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Italy and India
Schemes / Programme
- The Government of India has proposed a merger of Government Savings Certificates Act, 1959 and Public Provident Fund Act, 1968 with the Government Savings Banks Act, 1873.
Summit /Conference / Events
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru
- International Conference on Unani Medicine inaugurated in New Delhi
- World first Ski Robot Challenge held in South Korea
- The three-day International Conference on Operations and Maintenance ‘Indian Power Stations 2018’ inaugurated by Shri R.K. Singh in New Delhi.
- India-Russia Agriculture Business Summit 2018 held in New Delhi which was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Karnataka's Kishan Gangolli won the National 'A' Chess Championship for Blind for the fifth consecutive time, while Ashvin Makwana of Gujarat and Odisha's Soundarya Kumar Pradhan finished second and third respectively.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- The Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs is planning to introduce ranking system for National Sports Federations (NSFs).
- Parbati Ghose, Odisha’s first female filmmaker, passes away.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Reserve Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai
- Reserve Bank of India Governor: Urjit Patel
- Oman's Capital: Muscat
- Oman's Currency: Omani rial
- Capital: Islamabad
- Pakistan's Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
- Pakistan's Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Pakistan's President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Italy Capital: Rome
- Odisha Dance Form: Ghumura dance, Chhau dance
- Gujarat Dance Forms: Garba, Tippani
- South Korea Capital: Seoul
- South Korea President: Moon Jae-in
- South Korea Currency: South Korean won
- South Korea Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon