One Liner GK Current Affairs: 1st February 2018
Here, we have provided the Oneliner GK Current Affairs for 31st January and 1st February 2018. These are all updated oneliners and are easy to study. We hope our readers learn their best from these points. These are very vital for any kind of Non-Technical Examination like IBPS Clerk, PO, SSC CGL and Clerk. Candidates should go through the Online GK & Current Affairs Quiz daily which will be updated soon.
Current Affairs Bite
New Appointments: National
- Indian-American Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen has been elected as the Vice Chairman of the US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum, a new organisation set up to enhance business relations between India and the US.
- Senior-most Indian Information Service officer Neelam Kapoor, who had served as UPA government's spokesperson, was appointed director general of Sports Authority of India.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Private sector Axis Bank launched the fourth edition of 'Evolve', an annual multi-city knowledge series for Bank’s SME customers.
- The State Bank of India, through its subsidiary SBI Cards & Payments Services Pvt Ltd, will offer credit cards to farmers period for a period of 45 days across the country.
Rankings & Indexes
- According to a report by New World Wealth, India has been ranked sixth in the list of wealthiest countries with total wealth of 8,230 billion dollar, while the United States topped the chart.
- According to a report by World Steel Association, India's crude steel production grew by 6.2 per cent to 101.4 million tonnes (MT) in 2017 compared to 95.5 MT in the previous year.
- According to Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), India world’s largest democracy was ranked 42nd among 165 independent states on annual 2017 Global Democracy Index (GDI). Topped by Norway.
- The Ministry of Commerce & Industry has launched third version of the Government e-Marketplace (GeM 3.0) to facilitate procurement of goods and services by various Ministries and agencies of the Government.
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave his approval to a Bill that will more than double the salaries of Supreme Court and High Court judges.
- Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) makes new company registration paperless
- The Rajasthan government announced one per cent reservation for Gujjars and four other castes by creating a new category — most backward classes (MBC).
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will embark on a two-day visit to Nepal hold discussions with various political leaders on issues of mutual interest.
- A new e-way bill system have been introduced where every transporter will have to carry a system-generated bill to move goods from one place to another.
- US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley paid a visit to the Indian Embassy in Washington and met Indian Ambassador Navtej Sarna.
Science & Technology
- Environment Minister Harshvardhan launched a 2.8 PetaFlop capacity high-performance computer system ‘Mihir’ in Noida to predict weather and climate accurately.
Defence & Railway News
- Indian Navy launches the third Scorpene-class submarine 'Karanj' at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in Mumbai under the Project 75 programme. First one: INS Kalvari. Second one: INS Khandari
Books & Authors
- Former finance minister P Chidambaram's Book titled 'Speaking Truth To Power’ launched.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik released a book on his father titled 'The Tall Man Biju Patnaik' written by Sundar Ganesan.
Application / Portal
- Google introduced a new free app named "Bulletin" that allows anybody to submit stories for and about their communities.
Schemes / Programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on declared the inaugural Khelo India School Games open at a colourful opening ceremony at the Indira Gandhi Stadium.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- India and the Manila- based Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a 250 million dollar loan to finance the construction of 6,254 km of all-weather rural roads in Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal under the flagship Prime Minister’s Rural Roads Programme (PMGSY).
- The Union Government has inked 100 million dollar Loan Agreement with World Bank for Project to Boost Rural Economy of Tamil Nadu.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The 42nd Kolkata International Book Fair will begin at Central Park in Kolkata.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Veteran Sharath Kamal beat top-seed Anthony Amalraj to win the men's singles title for the eighth time, equalling the feat of Kamlesh Mehta at the 11Even Sports Senior Table Tennis Nationals in Ranchi.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred 'Badminton Association of India Lifetime Achievement Award' to 1983 World Championship medallist Prakash Padukone
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- NITI Aayog member Dr Vinod Paul became first Indian to be awarded prestigious IhsanDoğramacı Family Health Foundation Prize by World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Legendary Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee (83) was awarded France’s highest civilian award, Legion d’Honneur by French Ambassador Alexandre Ziegler.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- The Melbourne Cricket Ground, which has a capacity of more than 100,000, is set to be named as the venue for the Women's World Twenty20 final in 2020.
STATIC GK NOTE DOWN POINTS
- Axis Bank CEO & MD: Shikha Sharma
- Axis Bank Headquarter: Mumbai
- SBI CEO: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI Headquarter: Mumbai
- Economist Intelligence Unit Headquarter: London, United Kingdom.
- Employees Provident Fund Organization CEO: V.P. Joy
- Nepal - Capital: Kathmandu
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese Rupee
- Nepal Prime Minister: Sher Bahadur Deuba
- Asian Development Bank: Mandaluyong (Manilla), Philippines
- Asian Development Bank President: Takehiko Nakao
- Asian Development Bank Members: 67
- World Bank CEO: Kristalina Georgieva
- World Bank President: Jim Yong Kim
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- World Bank Members: 189 countries
- World Health Organization Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Indian Navy Admiral: Sunil Lanba