Onelinr Current Affairs GK: 23 January 2018
Today again we are here to present the best News Updates of Oneliner Current Affairs GK Notedown points of 23rd January 2018. In this notedown points we will divide all sections as per Banking Exams Pattern. The basic and foremost way to learn daily updates and practice through MCQ which we are providing on daily basis.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITES
First in India & World
- India’s 1st Garbage Festival organised in Chhattisgarh by Raipur Municipal Corporation with the aimed to increase awareness, use the waste generated in the city creatively, and to showcase multiple techniques for reusing things that are labelled as garbage.
- For the first time in the country Uttrakhand to use, ultrasound on wild life, Ultrasound will be performed on wild animals to detect pregnancy before administering reproduction control method on them.
New Appointments: National
- Om Prakash Rawat Appointed as the 22nd Chief Election Commissioner succeded Achal Kumar Joti.
- Sudeep Lakhtakia has been appointed as the new Director General (DG) of the 'black cats' commando force NSG.
- Anandiben Patel named as the new Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
- Sudeep Lakhtakia has been appointed the new Director-General (DG) of the 'black cats' commando force NSG.
Banking, Economic & Financial Affairs
- Mauritius was the largest source of foreign investment in India, followed by the US and the UK, according to a census by the Reserve Bank. Singapore and Japan were the next two sources of foreign direct investment
Rankings & Indexes
- WEF Ranks India 62nd on Inclusive Development Index, China at 26th and Pakistan at 47th position on the 2018 index. Norway Topped the List.
- Apple sits atop of Fortune's 'World's Most Admired Companies' list for the 11th year in a row.
- The Ministry of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has collaborated with the Department of Posts to set up Post-office passport seva kendra(POPSK) in Karaikal (Puducherry) with the aim to serve 50 applicants everyday, which could be scaled up subsequently.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) launches Cyber Surakshit Bharat to strengthen Cybersecurity ecosystem in India in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
- The fourth and the final round of smart cities was finally announced, Centre announces 9 new smart cities, takes total identified to 99.
- India joined the 42-member Australia Group, an elite export control regime against spread of chemical and biological weapons that could fortify New Delhi's efforts to become a member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group. India's formal induction as the 43rd member is seen as a recognition of New Delhi's record in the field of non-proliferation and a major foreign policy gain.
- Valletta, the Maltese capital, has been officially inaugurated as the European City of Culture, 2018. The slogan for the opening was "The festa is here", and the streets were filled with music, bands and impressive performances.
- The US National Security Agency (NSA) has been using secret speech recognition technology to identify people by their unique voiceprint for years, according to a declassified NSA document.
Defence & Railway News
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrated its 13th Raising Day in New Delhi.
Books & Authors
- President Ram Nath Kovind unveiled a book on heartfulness techniques and principles titled 'The Heartfulness Way'. Authored by Kamlesh Patel
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
- Banking finance company AU Small Finance Bank has signed an MoU with LIC to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Under the MoU, LIC will give a life cover of ₹2 lakh in case of death to the customer at a nominal premium of ₹330 per annum.
- The government of Telangana and Clean Authority of Tokyo have signed an MoU for municipal solid waste incineration facilities. They will exchange knowledge in municipal solid waste incineration facilities and make an effort to realize human resource exchanges in view of technical cooperation in the future.
Summit /Conference / Events
- The 63rd National Film Festival 2018 was held in Mumbai, India - Also Read Complete Winner Lists !
- PM Narendra Modi has left for Davos, Switzerland where he will attend the 48th World Economic Forum, the first Indian PM to make an appearance at the high-profile summit in 20 years.
- The fourth edition of the India International Science Festival will be held in Lucknow, The decision to hold the Festival in Lucknow was taken at the first preparatory meeting for the 4th India International Science Festival (IISF) chaired by Union Minister for Science & Technology, Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
Other Sports & Award Related News
- The Indian cricket team won the blind world cup 2018 by beating arch-rivals Pakistan by 2 wickets in the final at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium in UAE. Sunil Ramesh was the star performer for India in the Blind World Cup 2018 final.
- Indian cricket team registered an emphatic victory over Zimbabwe by 10 wickets in the ICC Under-19 World Cup at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui.
- Iconic cartoonist Chandi Lahiri passes away at the age of 86 in West Bengal.