Oneliner GK Current Affairs: 24 January 2018
First of all Thanks to all our daily users who make our journey successfull & motivated all our mentor & Gave a chance to work for your careers. In most of the time we are trying to provide the best quality content which is effective in nature for various Government Exams Like SBI PO, CLERK, IBPS & SSC Exams. Here we are proving you the Daily Oneliner Updates from 23rd to 24th January, Current Affairs Oneliner GK Notedown Points. These Notedown Points is one of the vital part for any Nontechnical Examinations. Approximately 30-40% Questions in banking exams were from GK Portion from Daily Current Affairs. From Comming Months i.e Feb. we will release some Most benifitted Magazine for you all & ofcourse it will be free of cost for all our user.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITE
Top New: Do You Know ?
- The richest 1 per cent in India cornered 73 per cent of the wealth generated in the country last year as per the survey released by the international rights group Oxfam
New Appointments: National
- Industry Chamber FICCI appoints Dilip Chenoy as Director General, “Chenoy had been the Managing Director and CEO of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Director General (DG) of SIAM and Deputy DG of CII,”.
- S Somnath takes charge as director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre's , which is ISRO's lead centre for launch vehicles.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasts 7.4% growth for India in FY19
- India has emerged as the fifth most attractive market for investments and the optimism over global economic growth is at a record level, a survey of CEOs by global consultancy PwC said, USA Topped the List.
Rankings & Indexes
- India Ranks 81st On Global Talent Competitiveness Index, While Switzerland continues to top the list
- The Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik laid the foundation stone for Central Research Institute (CRI) in Jaipur on 22nd January 2018. This will be the third CRI under the aegis of Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), an autonomous body of Ministry of AYUSH for undertaking scientific research in Homoeopathy, with 23 institutes across the country.
Schemes / Programme
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT), a pioneering health assurance scheme for the poor and disabled people.
- World Bank, India ink $120 mn pact which will help increase access to improved water supply services in peri-urban areas in Uttarakhand.
- The Andhra Pradesh Government and the Canton of Zurich signed a letter of intent, to promote mutual prosperity and development. The agreement was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Naidu by Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu and Government Counselor Minister Carmen Walker Spah for sister state relation.
- ONGC acquires 51.11% stake in PSU Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) for ₹36,915 crore. This acquisition is in line with the government’s objective to combine the Central Public Sector Enterprises to give them the capacity to bear higher risks and avail themselves of economies of scale.
Summit /Conference / Events / Host
- Silver jubilee of India-ASEAN partnership (Business & Investment Conference) is being celebrated in New Delhi on the 25th January.
- The 2018 edition of the Women’s World T20 will be hosted by Antigua and Barbuda, Guyana and St Lucia (West Indies).
- WEF annual meet begins in Davos, Switzerland. India to become fastest growing large economy in 2018.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Andhra Pradesh Information Technology (IT) Minister Nara Lokesh was felicitated with Dr. Kalam Innovation in Governance Award 2018 here at the Dr. Kalam Centre in New Delhi.
- Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, Shah Rukh Khan receives Crystal Award at World Economic Forum in Davos, Hollywood star Cate Blanchett and singer-songwriter Elton John also received an award.
- After 54 years in front of the camera, beloved actor Morgan Freeman has taken one of the entertainment industry’s highest honors. Accepting the Screen Actors Guild’s Life Achievement Award Sunday night, the 80-year-old screen veteran hanked SAG-AFTRA and his family, and acknowledged how momentous this achievement was for him.
112 'First Ladies' including India's first woman manager at crematorium felicitated by President Kovind
- Manju Yadav is the first female porter at the Jaipur Railway Station in Rajasthan’s state capital.
- Ira Singhal topped the UPSC examination in 2014 and had to fight various obstacles. She cleared the UPSC in her fourth attempt was in the List.
- Dr Bharati Lavekar, to be felicitated as a ‘first lady’ by the President of India.
- Chhavi Rajawati, the first lady sarpanch to be felicitated by the President of India.
- Avani Chaturvedi, Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh, officers in the Indian Air Force, were commissioned as flying officers in July 2016, less than a year after the government decided to open the fighter pilot stream for women on an experimental basis.
- Praveena Solomon, First Indian woman who manages a crematorium.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Young Indian shuttler Siddharth Pratap Singh from Raipur defeated Christophersen & secured his maiden international title, bagging the Swedish Open Junior International Series
- Hugh Masekela has died aged 78. Also Known as the “father of South African jazz”, Masekela had a long and successful career, releasing numerous albums.
STATIC GK NOTEDOWN POINTS
- Capital of Andhra Pradesh: Hyderabad(de jure) Amaravati (de facto)
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: N.Chandrababu Naidu
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh: E. S. L. Narasimhan
- Headquarter of World Bank & IMF: Washington DC
- CEO of World Bank: Kristalina Georgieva
- President of World Bank: Jim Yong Kim
- President of IMF: Christine Lagarde
- Governor of Manipur: Najma A. Heptulla
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh
- FICCI Chairperson: Rashesh Shah