Oneliner GK Current Affairs: 19 January 2018
Hope You all are enjoying with the most updated Daily Oneliner GK Current Affairs. Today Again we are here to present the Daily Current Affairs: 19 January 2018. Here we can give atleast the minimum surity that we are proving you the actual news from where questions are genrally being asked. Those who have not followed our previous days oneliner, can directly follow from Current Affairs. Here we will tell you the procedure to read these news. First Read MORNING Session News & then in the evening you can practice Current Affairs Quiz / MCQ. Then you will get more benifits during exams time. Once you covered daily updates at the end of the month just go through our Monthly Current Affairs PDF's. Thts It !!
Morning Session: Current Affairs Bites
Top New: Do You Know ?
- The Limca Book of Records has named Jammu and Kashmir's 'Gulshan Books' as the 'only bookshop-library on a lake' in its 2018 edition.
- U.K. Appoints a Minister for Loneliness, Since Britain voted to leave the European Union more than a year ago, Europeans have mockingly said that the decision will result in an isolated, lonely island nation. But Britain, in fact, already has a serious problem with loneliness, research has found.
- RBI (Reserve Bank Of India) Sets The Record Straight. All 14 types of Rs. 10 Coins of different designs and shapes circulate in the market at the same time Are Valid
- Swiss MP Niklaus-Samuel Gugger revealed at a recent conference that after 15 days of his birth he was abandoned by his biological Indian mother at a Karnataka hospital. He was adopted by a Swiss couple less than a week after he was abandoned. Gugger became the first Indian to be elected to the Switzerland Parliament in 2017.
- Paytm Payments Bank Savings Account holders can now order physical debit cards from the Paytm app, Paytm Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma announced.
- India Ratings and Research today projected the country’s economic growth to improve to 7.1 per cent next fiscal from 6.5 per cent this year, buoyed by robust consumption demand and low commodity prices.
- HDFC Bank becomes first Indian bank to cross Rs5 trillion market capitalism after TCS & Reliance Industries.
- SBI had announced plans to raise up to $2 billion by issuing bonds in the US dollar or other convertible currency to fund overseas expansion.
- Private sector lender Yes Bank to mobilise $1 billion by 2023 to finance solar energy projects in India. The announcement was made at the International Solar Alliance (ISA) conference at Abu Dhabi.
- Maharashtra becomes the first state to unveil public cloud policy, virtually mandating its departments to shift their data storage onto the cloud, creating a USD 2- billion opportunity for the industry.
- As Prime Minister Narendra Modi and PM Benjamin Netanyahu inaugurated the iCreate Centre at Deo Dholera in Ahmedabad, the moment marked a new chapter in India-Israel ties. iCreate paves way for the two nations to jointly script new stories of success through innovation, which the two leaders have been strongly advocating.
- President Ram Nath Kovind, presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) for the year 2016 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Government to set up $350 million fund to finance solar projects Power Minister R.K. Singh said, as the country steps up efforts to achieve its ambitious target of adding 175 gigawatts (GW) in renewable energy by 2022.
- Pyeongchang 2018: North and South Korea to march under 'unification flag' at Winter Olympics.
- Japan's Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite, equipped with X-band radar which is capable of obtaining high-resolution terrain images. The Advanced Satellite with New System Architecture for Observation (ASNARO-2) was launched aboard a third-generation Epsilon rocket from the Uchinoura Space Center, in the southwestern prefecture of Kagoshima, Japan.
- Ships and aircraft of the Indian Coast Guard and its Japanese counterpart conducted a joint naval drill in the Bay of Bengal.
- The magazine ‘Namaste Shalom’ would be launched at the Magen David synagogue at Byculla in south Mumbai during Benjamin Netanyahu’s Mumbai visit
- India and Sri Lanka today signed four agreements for collaboration in ICT sector, setting up of e-office system and connecting of National Knowledge network (NKN) for collaboration among universities and academics.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Raj Kumar Singh delivered the keynote address at the ministerial plenary session of the International Solar Alliance at Abu Dhabi.
- Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat is leading the Indian delegation to 10th Global Forum for Food & Agriculture, Berlin, Germany from 18th -20th January 2018.
- Zaira Wasim and Aamir Khan starrer 'Secret Superstar' has become the most nominated film at Filmfare Awards 2018 by bagging nominations in nine categories including Best Film and Best Director. Further, Zaira Wasim has been nominated in the Best Actor In A Leading Role (Female) category. Meanwhile, Ayushmann Khurrana, Kriti Sanon and Rajkummar Rao's 'Bareilly Ki Barfi' received eight nominations.
- South Africa's AB de Villiers slammed the fastest ODI hundred off 31 balls against Windies in 40 minutes.
- India captain Virat Kohli was today named by the International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricketer of the Year for 2017. The stylish right-hander was also named ODI Cricketer of the Year. The ICC also picked Kohli to captain the Test and ODI Teams of the Year.
- England's woman cricketer Anya Shrubsole won the ICC Spirit of Cricket award for consoling South African captain Dane van Niekerk, after England's semi-final victory in the 2017 Women's World Cup.
ICC Awards 2017 Complete List of Winners
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year – Virat Kohli (India)
- ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year – Steve Smith (Australia)
- ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – Virat Kohli (India)
- ICC Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year – Hasan Ali (Pakistan)
- ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year – Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
- ICC Men’s T20I Performance of the Year – Yuzvendra Chahal (6-25 v England for India)
- David Shepherd Trophy for ICC Umpire of the Year – Marais Erasmus
- ICC Spirit of Cricket – Anya Shrubsole (England)
- ICC Fans Moment of the Year – Pakistan stun India to win the ICC Champions Trophy 2017
- Jo Jo White, basketball Hall of Famer for Celtics, dies at 71.
STATIC GK NOTEDOWN POINTS
- Prime Minister of England: Theresa May
- Capital & Currency of England: London, Pound sterling
- President of South Africa: Jacob Zuma
- Capital & Currency of South Africa: Pretoria, South African rand.
- RBI was Setup in 1935 Under RB Act 1934.
- Headquarter of RBI: Mumbai
- Un-official Tagline of RBI: Pehchano Paise ki boli, Kyunki paisa bolta hai.
- Paytm Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
- Paytm is now a Payment Bank in India.
- Chairman of HDFC: Aditya Puri
- Headquarter of HDFC: Mumbai
- Tagline of HDFC: We understand your world.
- Capital & Currency of North Korea: Pyongyang, Won
- Capital & Currency of South Korea: Won.