Oneliner GK Current Affairs: 17 January 2018
Here we have some Important Daily News Updates from Current Affairs which we are going to present in Noteown Points which will definetely help you in your examinsations. It specially for those students who are prepring for BANK, IBPS, SBI, SSC Exams. In almost examinations now these days GK Also plays a vital role. So, here we also trying our best to provide you with the best quality ever. Now lets have a look at Oneliner GK Current Affairs Notedown Points of 17th Jan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS BITE
Top New: Do You Know ?
- Chhattisgarh HC Makes Aadhaar Mandatory For Bail, as the high court has directed all the trial courts to necessarily obtain copy of the Aadhaar card of the accused as well as of the surety, while examining surety papers submitted along with bail applications.
- India emerging as biggest tourism hub across the globe; over 11 lakh tourists arrived in December 2017 as compared to December 2016.
- New passports for citizens who have Emigration Check Required (ECR) status will have orange cover jackets, instead of the traditional dark blue. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Friday announced a new category of colour passports after a decision was taken to discontinue the last page of the booklet, which contained information related to passport holder’s father, mother, spouse, address, ECR and details of the old passport booklet.
- Digital invoice discounting marketplace - Invoicemart has tied up with state-run lender Bank of Baroda to discount invoices for MSMEs. Buyers and sellers registered on the marketplace will now be able to access funding from Bank of Baroda. Invoicemart is a joint venture between Axis Bank Ltd and mjunction services ltd.
- The Haryana government has decided to form a non-banking financial company (NBFC) — Haryana State Financial Services Limited — to act as an in-house treasury manager for efficient management of surplus funds of State public enterprises and autonomous bodies.
- Khelo India anthem launched by sports minister Rajyavardhan Rathore, an initiative to scout for talent at the grassroots and provide it substantial long-term scholarship – will be launched on January 31.
- Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), under the department of industrial policy and promotion, has launched a competition for college and university students to foster a culture of innovation and creativity in the youth. The competition - IPrism - invites students to submit films on piracy and counterfeiting under two categories of 30 and 60 seconds.
- Air India has announced a reservation of seats for women in all its domestic flight services. This kind of service has become the country's first airline company.
- Indian peacekeepers rebuild Akoka bridge in South Sudan in record time
- Brazil regulator bans funds from buying cryptocurrencies.
Science & Technology
- NASA discovers farthest known galaxy in the universe, Hubble and Spitzer space telescopes has yielded the image of the galaxy named SPT0615-JD.
Defence & Railway
- Indo-US joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ to be held in Seattle, The exercise will mainly focus on special operations in urban areas.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu launched the maiden call for joint R&D projects under the ‘India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund (I4F)’ during the India-Israel Business Summit in New Delhi.
- The Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal (BBIN) Pact: India, Bangladesh and Nepal have agreed on the text of the passenger protocol, the document detailing procedures for cross-border movement of buses and private vehicles.
- India, US join hands to enhance effectiveness of information exchange and transparency, India and United States of America (USA) has signed the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) under FATCA in 2015.
- The Punjab government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Oil Corporation to set up bio-gas and bio-CNG plants in the state.
Summit /Conference / Events / Host
- The 65th Meeting of Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) held in New Delhi under the chairmanship of Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadeka.
Awards & Honours: Miscellaneous
- Actor Sudhir Dalvi gets Janakavi P Sawlaram award.
Awards & Honours: Sports
- Assam beats Rajashthan & won the 8th Sub-junior National Hockey Championship.
- Sarod maestro Pt Buddhadev Dasgupta passes away at the age of 84 in Westbengal. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said his death has created a void in the field of classical music.
NOTEDOWN GK POINTS
- Chattisgarh Highcourt was Established on 2000 (Years).
- Amzad Ali khan: Famous Mastro Player was born on 9 October 1945.
- Capital & Currency of Israel: Jerusalem, Israeli new shekel.
- PM of Israel: Benjamin Netanyahu
- President of Israle: Reuven Rivlin