Monthly Current Affairs Inshorts: January 2018 PDF
Today we are releasing the Monthly Current Affairs GK Capsule for the month of January 2018. These Monthly Current Affairs Inshorts contain all important news events of the month. As per previous experience of IBPS PO Mains Questions pattern we will change something new inside the content from the next PDF Onwards for all bank exams.
Many of you are eagerly waiting for this Current Affairs but Before Downloading the PDF You can go through some major Lists of Important Appointments in National & International & Indias ranking in different Indexes, Etc.
Various Rankings & Indexes
- G Sathiyan becomes India’s highest-ranked player in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings.
- According to HSBC, India's growth rate is expected to accelerate over the coming year and is likely to improve further to 7.6 per cent by 2019-20
- Gujarat tops logistics performance index chart as per the new Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) index developed by the commerce and industry ministry along with Deloitte.
- India ranks 30th on World Economic Forum global manufacturing index. Japan tops ranking.
- India ranked at 78th position on the recently released global Passport Index 2017 with a visa-free score of 46
- Apple has topped Fortune's annual list of the World's Most Admired Companies for the 11th consecutive year.
- Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri today announced the commencement of the country's first-ever 'Livability Index' to rank 116 cities.
- India has emerged as the fifth most attractive market for investments and the optimism over global economic growth is at a record level, a survey of CEOs by global consultancy PwC.
- India Ranks 81st on Global Talent Competitiveness Index. Switzerland tops the list.
- According to a biennial report by Yale and Columbia Universities along with the World Economic Forum, India is among the bottom five countries on the Environmental Performance Index 2018, plummeting 36 points from 141 in 2016.
- According to the global hunger index report, released by Washington-based International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), India ranks 100 among 119 developing countries.
List of Important Appointments in January
- Om Prakash Singh appointed as Uttar Pradesh's new DGP
- Former Director of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) has been appointed as the next Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA).
- India's High Commissioner to Kuala Lumpur T S Tirumurti was appointed the Secretary (Economic Relations) in the External Affairs Ministry on Friday.
- Anil Khanna appointed Chairman of newly formed Finance Commission by Indian Olympic Association (IOA)
- Indu Malhotra first woman lawyer to be directly appointed as SC judge.
- Vice Admiral AB Singh takes over as Chief of Staff Western Naval Command
- Delhi Police commissioner Alok Kumar Verma appointed the new CBI director
- The government today appointed senior IAS officer S Selvakumar as Chairman and Manging Director (CMD) of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Ltd (SPMCIL).
- Harish Manwani, non-executive chairman of Hindustan Unilever Ltd, has been appointed chairman of the executive board of the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad.
- CRPF special DG Sudeep Lakhtakia has been appointed as the new chief of National Security Guard (NSG).
- Industry Chamber Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) appoints Dilip Chenoy as Director General
- Senior IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia has been appointed as the new Director General (DG) of the 'black cats' commando force NSG.
- The Union Law Ministry on appointed seniormost Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawat as the next Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) as the incumbent A.K. Joti will retire.
- Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Anandiben Patel was sworn in as the Governor of Madhya Pradesh
- ISRO's Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) director S Somnath has taken charge as the new director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
- Senior scientist Dr V Narayanan assumed charge as Director of ISRO’s Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC).
- Usha Ananthasubramanian becomes first woman chairman of Indian Banks' Association (IBA).
- President Ram Nath Kovind awarded India’s highest peacetime military decoration Ashok Chakra (31) posthumously to Indian Air Force (IAF) Garud commando Corporal Jyoti Prakash Nirala.
- Italian conservative Antonio Tajani has been elected the new president of the European Parliament.