Current Affairs Updates - 29th January 2018
Today, Achieversrule team have brought to you some of the important Daily Current Affairs Updates for 29th of January 2018. We suggest our readers to go through each of the points properly because most of the questions arise from Sports and Economic Sections which are very quite commonly asked in the Bank, SSC and Rail Exams. We also ask our readers to go through the Notedown points regularly which are the most important for their preparation. Along with that candidates should practice quizzes regularly.
The 69th Republic Day saw a glimpse of cultural linkage of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and India.
- The majestic Rajpath displayed India’s historical, educational, religious and cultural heritage with the ASEAN nations by two tableaux out of the 23 tableaux that were rolled down.
- The tableaux also won 1st prize on the Republic Day celebration in New Delhi. CM Devendra Fadnavis tweeted the victory of winning the prize on twitter.
Under the purview of the telecommunication industry, the Gram Panchayats in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan are been provided access to telemedicine and re-education facilities riding on Bharat Net infrastructure.
- With the aim of dreaming of a nation to use internet services, the government has taken immense efforts and pressure to provide people with easy access and availability of resources.
Application / Portal
Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the ‘Shakti’ app,developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) of the Himachal Pradesh government, which comes with a panic button, for women’s safety.
- The app would be available in Hindi and English languages and would not require internet connectivity, State Informatics Officer Ajay Singh Chahal said here, adding that shaking the device would trigger the app to send its location through GPS.
- The Chief Minister also launched the ‘GUDDIYA’ helpline number 1515 and the ‘Hoshiyar Singh’ helpline number 1090, an official release said.
Agreements/ MoUs Signed
UAE based Lulu group inked three MoUs with Telangana government with an aim to develop retail and food processing industry in the state.
- Under the MOUs, Lulu will invest an amount of USD 400 million (Rs 2,500 Crores) to construct 1.8 million square feet area of the mega shopping mall, set up food processing plant and a logistics and export processing unit for fruit and vegetables, an official release said.
Summit /Conference / Events
India will host an informal WTO Ministerial meeting in March this year.
- India’s offering to host the meeting was made after trade ministers from various countries including Australia, Japan and Switzerland met on Saturday for an informal WTO ministerial gathering in Davos to discuss the way forward for the global trade organisation.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani attended a leadership conclave organized by the Art of Living in New Delhi.
- She shared her experience on a wide array of subjects with students and professionals.
- Speaking on the occasion the challenges come in everyone's lives but it depends on them how they turn challenges into opportunities.
Awards & Honours: Sports
Tai Tzu Ying of Taiwan has defeated Saina Nehwal in the finals of the Indonesia Masters in Jakarta.
- Saina had enjoyed early success against the Taiwanese till 2011 but the Nehwal has beaten her only once at the 2013 Swiss Open ever since.
Swiss tennis player Roger Federer (World No. 2) has retained his Men’s Singles title by winning 2018 Australian Open.
- In the summit clash played at Melbourne, he defeated Croatia’s Marin Cilic (World no. 6) in five sets 6-2, 6-7, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1.