Current Affairs One Liners - 13th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 13th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for upcoming IBPS, SSC exams.
- Pradeep Singh Kharola takes over as Air India CMD.
- The Finance Minister said that India has recorded an average growth of 7.5% from 2014-15 to 2016-17.
- As per latest data from the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Uttar Pradesh stands on top in recording highest number of cyber crimes in India followed by Maharashtra while Assam stands on fifth position.
- Japan takes the plan to join US-led moon station project one step forward.
- Mount Hope becomes UK's new highest mountain after satellites reveal previous measurement was wrong.
- China Starts World's Biggest Floating Solar Project.
- The United States, Japan and South Korea began a joint missile tracking drill as tensions in Asia continue to rise over North Korea’s fast-developing weapons programs.
- Khelo India, a program strives to promote “Sports for All” as well as “Sports for Excellence,will be launched at a cost of Rs.1,756 crore.
- India will be hosting the ICC Cricket World Cup on 2023 and the ICC Champions Trophy in 2021.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated the “NIC-CERT”, a setup of National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology on 11th December 2017.
- Indian foreign minister Sushma Swaraj will meet Sergey Lavrov of Russia and Wang Yi of China for discussions on deepening coordination in Asia-Pacific region.
- Dr. Mahesh Sharma Inaugurates the ‘Bodhi Parva: BIMSTEC Festival of Buddhist Heritage’.
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two day event in Mumbai titled 'We The Women' to empower and recognise the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
- M.S. Swaminathan has been given 'Yeraringan' Award recently by M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India.
- Australia beat Argentina 2-1 in the final of the Hockey World League Final (HWLF) to win gold at Kalinga Stadium.
- India's Saurabh Chaudhary qualified for the Youth Olympics Games with a gold medal and a junior world record in 10m air pistol at the ongoing Asia Youth Olympics Games qualification tournament in Wako City, Japan.
- Pistol aces Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu bagged a bronze each to continue India's medal charge at the 10th Asian Championship 10m Rifle/Pistol in Wako City, Japan.
- Indian Diving Team won 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals in Indonesia Open Aquatic Championship 2017.
- Lalji Singh, ‘father of DNA fingerprinting in India’ passes away.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- Tokyo is the Capital of Japan.
- The Youth Olympic Games 2018 will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Kalinga Stadium is situated at Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- UN stands for United Nations which is an intergovernmental organization that promotes international cooperation and creates and maintains the international order.
- The Head Quarter of United Nations is situated at New York.
- The United Nations was founded on 24 October, 1945.
- Antonio Guterres is the Secretary General of United Nations.
- 'Bodhi Parva: BIMSTEC Festival of Buddhist Heritage’ is held at New Delhi.
- BIMSTEC stands for Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation.
- BIMSTEC was founded in 1997.
- BIMSTEC is an international organization that involves a group of countries in the South Asia and South East Asia.
- The head Quarter of BIMSTEC is situated at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Beijing is the Capital of China.
- Washington D.C is the Capital of US.
- Seoul is the Capital of South Korea.