Current Affairs One Liners - 11th December 2017
Study all the important Current Affairs from Current Affairs One-liners - 11th December 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for upcoming IBPS, SSC exams.
- Human Rights Day is observed on 10 December.
- On the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities, a renowned communication expert, Sarvesh Kumar Tiwari, was appointed as the President of Para-Sports Foundation (PSF).
- Uma Shankar, chief general manager (CGM) in charge of the Reserve Bank of India's financial inclusion and development department has taken over as executive director (ED) in the central bank.
- Technology giant Google has ranked 5th on the list of '100 best companies to work for in the US in 2018', marking its 10th consecutive appearance on the annual list, according to Glassdoor.
- India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki became India's sixth most valued firm, crossing India's largest lender SBI.
- According to Forbes Asia’s compilation of Singapore’s 50 Richest, Facebook Co-Founder Eduardo Saverin Becomes Singapore's Richest Person.
- Afghanistan's second vice president Mohammad Sarwar Danish will be on a five-day visit to India.
- India's 'first' mobile food testing laboratory, which will enable on-the-spot food safety tests to be conducted in Goa, would be launched by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has launched the UAE's first astronaut program designed to train four Emirati astronauts for various space missions, eventually sending them to the International Space Station (ISS) within five years.
- Scientists have proven the existence of new form of matter called excitonium - which was first theorized almost 50 years ago.
- President Ram Nath Kovind awarded Presidential Colours to the submarine arm of the Indian Navy that is celebrating its golden jubilee.
- A public procurement portal, ‘MSME Sambandh’, was launched by Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises Minister (Independent charge) Giriraj Singh.
- A MoU was inked between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and the state government for setting up a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) bottling plant in Meghalaya which will help increase the clean fuel's penetration, especially in the rural areas of the state.
- India to host 2-day Connectivity Summit with ASEAN countries aimed at enhancing economic and trade relations between India and Southeast Asian nations. Theme: 'Powering Digital and Physical Linkages for Asia in the 21st Century'.
- The International Council for Monuments and Sites or ICOMOS, the global pioneers and front runners in promoting and enhancing professionalism in conservation, management, planning and development of India's diverse heritage is geared to organize the first ever ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium 2017 in Delhi. Theme: "Heritage and Democracy".
- Eminent Hindi writer Mamta Kalia will be honoured with literary award Vyas Samman for year 2017 for her novel "Dukkham Sukkham", the K K Birla Foundation.
- Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Mane became the first Indian shooters to secure the women's and men's quota places for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) by winning a gold and bronze each at the 10th Asian Championship 10M Rifle/Pistol at Wako City, Japan.
- Veteran journalist Sukharanjan Sengupta died here today due to old age-related health problems.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions that can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in note down points.
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated on 3rd December.
- Sundar Pichai is the CEO of Google.
- Kabul is the capital of Afghanistan.
- The International Space Station (ISS) is a space station, or a habitable artificial satellite, in low Earth orbit. The first component of International Space Station (ISS) is launched into orbit in 1998.
- State Bank of India was established in 1955.
- The Chairperson of SBI is Rajnish Kumar.
- The head quarter of SBI is situated at Mumbai.
- Dharmendra Pradhan is the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- ASEAN stands for Association of Southeast Asian Nations. It consists of 10 members i.e. Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam , Laos and Burma and Cambodia.
- ICOMOS stands for International Council on Monuments and Sites.
- ICOMOS was founded in 1965.
- Urjit Patel is the Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- RBI was founded in 1935.
- The head quarter of RBI is situated in Mumbai.