Current Affairs One liners - 20th November 2017
You can easily note down all the important Current Affairs of today from Current Affairs One-liners - 20th November 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates and is very important for your examination.
- The Karnataka Assembly passed the anti-superstition bill, with a few modifications like ban of advertisements about miracle cures for diseases, performing black magic, tantric acts, exorcism rituals and the practice of parading people naked or ostracizing them in the name of a ritual, among other practices.
- World Toilet Day (WTD) is an official United Nations international observance day, celebrated on 19 November, to raise awareness of the global sanitation crisis. The theme of the day for this year is “Waste Water”.
- Anand Rajeshwar Baiwar takes charge as SEBI executive director.
- Sarah Clarke, who is currently championships director at the All England Lawn Tennis Club has been appointed as the first female Black Rod in the 650-year history of the House of Lords.
- Chakravarthi AVPS, the city’s packaging professional appointed Ambassador of World Packaging Organization, WPO. This appointment took place in Rio de Geneiro, Brazil at the 99th board meeting of WPO.
- RBL Bank opens all women branch in Chennai.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for the creation of the posts of Chairman and Technical Members of the National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) under GST.
- Assam Transport, Industries and Commerce Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary formally launched an air ambulance service at NEDF (North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd) House, Dispur which will operate from Guwahati airport.
- Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) during the month of October 2017 was Rs.14,354 crore as compared to Rs.12,100 crore in October 2016 and Rs.10,549 crore in October 2015. The Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTA) have registered whopping growth of 18.1% in October 2017 in the country.
- Deputy chief minister of Delhi Manish Sisodia on Friday said the Delhi government would form "Mahila Suraksha Dals" (women protection groups) to curb crimes against women in the national capital.
- The government has given a green signal for setting up the country's first mega Coastal Economic Zone (CEZ) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra which will stretch across Nashik, Thane, Mumbai, Pune and Raigarh.
- Karnataka partners with NASSCOM to launch a Rs 40 crore Centre of Excellence for data science and artificial intelligence.
- Vice President Venkiah Naidu receives first copy of Book ‘Journey of Women Law Reforms and The Law Commission of India – Some Insights’ from the Author former Joint Secretary, Law Commission of Indika, Dr. Pavan Sharma.
- Japanese automakers Suzuki Motor and Toyota Motor finalized an agreement to manufacture and sell electric vehicles in India by the turn of the decade.
- CANEUS International, involved in satellite and space technology has signed a tripartite agreement with the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) and the Andhra Pradesh State Skills Development Corporation (APSSDC) to establish a Center of Excellence on Space Sciences and Technologies for Development (CoE4SSTD) in Hindpur, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Karnataka government has partnered with Intel company Mobileye to launch a project for automotive safety Called “Automotive Safety Innovation”.
- Reliance General Insurance, a subsidiary of Reliance Capital, has signed a comprehensive bancassurance-corporate agency agreement with YES Bank.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Action Construction Equipment Ltd (ACE) have tied up for augmenting tractors/agricultural implements financing to the farmers across the country through PNB's branch network.
- Digital payments major Paytm has announced its tie-up with ICICI Bank to jointly launch 'Paytm-ICICI Bank Postpaid', the most seamless way to access interest-free short-term digital credit.
- India to host Asia Cup of Road Racing with National Championship. The 20th JK Tyre- FMSCI National Racing Championship will have a robust international flavour, with the addition of the high-profile FIM Asia Cup of Road Racing (ACRR) leg to the grand finale.
- SPG India geared up for organizing its 12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition at JECC Jaipur from 17th -19th November 2017 to resolve & establish the technical ideas and practical experiences for improved interactions & knowledge sharing among E&P industries and academia.
- An Interim Meeting of the Steering Committee of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) was held here today in national capital to assess the Center’s activities since its inauguration in February 2017 and to review the Fiscal Year 2018 Work Plan.
- Manmohan Singh will receive the 2017 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for his leadership and his achievements during the 10 "momentous" years when he was Prime Minister.
- India’s Manushi Chhillar won the coveted Miss World 2017 crown at a grand event in China, bringing to an end the country’s dry spell of 17 years at the top pageant contest.
- Shagun Chowdhary bagged a national champion crown when she won the women's trap event at the 61st National Shooting Championship here.
- Former Supreme Court judge and eminent jurist Justice V Khalid passed away
Note Down PointsThese note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions which can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in the note down points.
- SEBI stands for Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- Ajay Tyagi is the Chairperson of SEBI.
- The head quarter of SEBI is situated in Mumbai.
- RBL Bank is a schedule Commercial Bank. It's head quarter is situated in Mumbai. Vishwavir Ahuja is CEO of the Bank.
- Dipak Mishra is the present Chief Justice of India.
- The head Quarter of IMF is situated in Washington D.C.
- Christine Lagarde is the CEO of IMF.
- The head office of Punjab National Bank is situated in New Delhi.
- The head office of ICICI Bank is situated in Mumbai.
- Paytm is recently updated as Payment Bank.