Current Affairs One Liners - 26th November 2017
You can easily write down all the important Current Affairs of today from Current Affairs One-liners - 26th November 2017. These Current Affairs One-Liners include all the important news updates related to Sports, Achievements, Recent Government Schemes which are very important for IBPS exams.
- 26th November is celebrated as Constitution Day. Ministry of Human Resources Development has launched a Digital Signature campaign on Constitution Day affirming faith in Indian Constitution and to generate awareness on fundamental duties enshrined in the Constitution.
- The Union government unveiled an ambitious plan to infuse 2.11 lakh crore capital over the next two years into public sector banks (PSBs) that are saddled with high, non-performing assets (NPAs) and facing the prospect of having to take haircuts on loans stuck in insolvency proceedings.
- The RBI has decided to allow asset reconstruction companies to have higher holding than the 26 per cent cap set earlier with regard to limits on shareholding of the post-converted equity of a borrower company under reconstruction.
- Delta Corp Limited claimed to have set up the first casino game training courses in India in Goa.
- India has asked the United Nations to declare 2018 as the 'International Year of Millets' and promote it as nutrition-rich smart food across the world.
- The government promulgated the Indian Forest (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017 which will exempt bamboo grown in non-forest areas from the requirement of felling and transit permit for its economic use.
- Paytm Payments Bank has raised 122 crore from Paytm's parent company One97 Communications and its Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, according to filings.
- Defense of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Exercise (DANX) was conducted under the aegis of Andaman & Nicobar Command. The five day exercise started on 20 Nov 2017 and culminated on 24 Nov 2017.
- The railways has installed Asia's largest solid state interlocking (SSI) system in Kharagpur, which will enable station masters to set 800 different routes for trains in a matter of minutes.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has launched ‘Pro-fit’, a platform that will act as a one-stop solution to all the health-record tracking needs of customers.
- State Bank of India, the country’s largest public sector bank, has launched a unified integrated app called YONO (You Need Only One) that would offer all kinds of financial and lifestyle products.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh announced here today an exclusive “Rural Livelihood” scheme for Northeast. The unique scheme under the title “North East Rural Livelihood Project” is being supported by the World Bank.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao for a Pan India reach covering all the 640 districts (as per census 2011) of the Country to have a deeper positive impact on Child Sex Ratio.
- The Center approved setting up of 'Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendras' across 115 most backward districts of the country through a new scheme for reaching out to rural women and facilitating skill development, employment, digital literacy, health and nutrition.
- Samsung India, a subsidiary of the South Korea-based electronics major, today said it has partnered with the Uttar Pradesh government to set-up 20 new smart healthcare centers across the state to provide healthcare equipment.
- Basel will become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para Badminton World Championships after it was awarded the 2019 edition of the Para event.
- The three-day Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) will begin in Hyderabad on November 28 and will see PM Narendra Modi and Ivanka Trump in attendance among other delegates. The theme of the eighth edition of the summit is "Women First, Prosperity for All".
- Rajkummar Rao-starrer Newton, which is also India’s foreign-language Oscar entry, has won two trophies at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards at a ceremony in Brisbane, Australia. Rao won the best actor honour, while Mayank Tewari and Amit V Masurkar won the award for best screenplay.
- Out of nine films nominated by the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) for this year's International Council for Film, Television and Audio-visual Communication (ICFT) UNESCO Gandhi Medal, five are from India.
- A tally of 37 LaLiga goals in 2016-17 was enough to see Barcelona talisman Lionel Messi claim his fourth European Golden Shoe award which equaled him to Ronaldo.
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu beats Ratchanok Intanon to enter final.
Note Down Points
These note down points are related to today's Current Affairs. The General Awareness questions which can arise from today's current affairs for SSC, IBPS exams, are mentioned in the note down points.
- State Bank of India was founded in 1955.
- The Chairperson of State Bank of India is Rajnish Kumar.
- Basel city is situated at Switzerland.
- 'Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendras' is an initiative launched by the Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs. The Committee is chaired by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi.
- UNESCO stands for United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- The headquarter of UNESCO is situated in Paris.