NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NDA) - QUICK VIEWS
Essential for All Upcoming Bank Exams
- The National Development Council (NDC) or the Rashtriya Vikas Parishad, the largest organization for decision-making and discussion on development in India.
- It is chairmanship by the Prime Minister Norendra Modi.
- It was constituted on 6th August, 1952.
- It plays a vital role in the process of Indian Planning and Development.
- It is the apex body to take decision on matters related to approval of Five Years Plan of the Country.
- It provides a forum where the Union Ministers and Chief Ministers of States discuss their planning at important levels of inspiration.
- It is also a non-statutory body.
- The Council influences the country from a social perspective considering social and economic policies, so that the necessary unity can be protected.
- In this way, it leads to broader issues of the country's policy and encourages joint thinking and collective action of the topics of national importance.
- It was set up through the executive resolution.
- To strong and strengthen the effort and resources of the nation in support of the Plan.
- To assure the balanced and rapid development of all parts of the country.
- To promote general economic policies in all important areas.
- To secure cooperation of the states in the execution of the plan.
NDC is composed of the members mention below –
- The Union Cabinet Ministers of India
- Prime Minister of India [Chairman of NDC]
- Chief Ministers of all States and Union Territory or their substitutes
- Members of the Planning Commission
- Members of NITI Aayog
- Minsters of States with Independent Charge
1st Meeting of NDC –
On 8–9 November 1952 the first meeting chaired by Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru.
56th Meeting of NDC –
- 12th Plan approach paper was considered in this meeting was held on 22 October 2011.
- It was presided over by Former Prime Minister of India Dr Manmohan Singh.
- In that time, the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission Dr Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
57th Meeting of NDC –
This meeting was held on December 27, 2012 in Vidhan Bhawan, New Delhi.
50th Meeting of NDC –
- This meeting was held on 21st December, 2002.
- This meeting was chaired by then Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Functions of NDC:
- To recommend measures for evaluating the resources needed for the implementation of the plan and to increase them.
- In order to recommend the goals and targets set out in the national plan.
- To determine the guidelines for planning the national plan including evaluating resources for the scheme.
- Consider the important questions of social and economic policies related to national development.
- To consider the National Plan as creation by the NITI Aayog.
- Recommendations for planning from time to time to review and to take necessary measures to achieve the goals and goals set out in the national plan.