DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
This Current Affairs covers all the important news of previous two days.This update comprises all the important headlines whether it is a financial news,Union Government announcements or sports news, all topics are tried to be covered.We at Achieversrule provide regular Current Affairs Update, Banking and Financial Awareness MCQs,Daily Current Affairs Quiz, Banking Articles etc.Try to go through all the updates regularly in order to be updated and prepared for upcoming Banking, Insurance and other Government Recruitment Exams.
United States Of America designated Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin as Global terrorist.
- Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin, was named a 'Specially Designated Global Terrorist' by the US, mere hours before PM Narendra Modi was scheduled to meet US President Donald Trump.
World bank has cleared 250 million loan to resell the Indian Youth.
- The World Bank has cleared a USD 250-million loan for making Indian youth more employable through re-skilling, in a move that is seen to aid the Skill India mission.
- The multi-lateral lender is keen to support the Indian government in its efforts to better equip the young workforce with employable skills. It said the support will help the youth contribute to India's economic growth and prosperity.
- Under the programme, adults in 15-59 years of age, underemployed or unemployed, will get the skill training.
- It will also include the 1.2 crore youngsters in the age group of 15-29 years who are entering the labour market every year.
Spice Jet has become world’s top airlines stock in 2017 with 124% gain.
- Two and a half years after SpiceJet Ltd was forced to ground its entire fleet on its inability to pay a mere $2.2 million in fuel bills, the budget airline has become the world’s best-performing airline stock—with $26 billion in plane orders to boot.
- The company’s co-founder and chairman, Ajay Singh, has played the white knight, injecting capital, cutting loss-making routes and aggressively adding capacity in one of the world’s fastest growing markets. To top it all off, crude prices are staying low.
- SpiceJet shares are the best performers on a Bloomberg Intelligence index of airline stocks this year. The stock is up 124% in 2017 and has gained more than 800% since the company’s near-demise in December 2014, giving SpiceJet a market value of $1.2 billion.
The Governor of Jammu and Kashmir N N Vohra has become the president of India International Centre(IIC).
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra has been appointed the president of the India International Centre (IIC) - one of the premier cultural institutions in the country.
- The appointment was made after eminent jurist Soli Sorabjee quit the presidential post.
- The AGM was preceded by a meeting of the board of trustees, where Sorabjee announced his decision.
Eminent scientist and Padma Vibushan awardee K.Kasturiranjan has been appointed as the Chairman of the Committee.
- Eminent scientist and Padma Vibhushan awardee K. Kasturirangan has been appointed the Chairman of the committee to prepare the final draft of the National Education Policy.
- The Chairperson apart, the committee has eight members. These include the Vice-Chancellor of SNDP University, Mumbai, and educationist Vasudha Kamat; retired bureaucrat K.J. Alphonse; Princeton University Mathematics professor Manjul Bhargava; Baba Saheb Ambedkar University of Social Sciences, Mhau, Vice-Chancellor Ram Shankar Kureel who has written on inclusion of the marginal in mainstream education; Vice-Chancelllor of Tribal University, Amarkantak, TV Kattamani; KM Tripathy from Uttar Pradesh; Gauhati University Persian language professor Mahzar Asif, and CABE member M.K. Shridhar.
Maharashtra doctors become first Indians to finish Race Across America as solo riders.
- Nashik’s army doctor Srinivas Gokulnath and Nagpur’s doctor Amit Samarth made history on Sunday, as they became first solo finishers from the country in the Race Across America (RAAM), one of the most esteemed ultra-endurance cycling events in the world.
Lupin founder & Chairman Dr. Desh Bandhu Gupta passes away.
- Desh Bandhu Gupta, Founder and Chairman of pharma major Lupin, passed away early Monday morning in Mumbai. He was 79.
- Dr Gupta was Chairman of the Company and was active till last day of life at Lupin.
- A philanthropist, Dr. Gupta will be remembered as a visionary, path-breaker and a nationalist who created a solid legacy of a global pharmaceutical major with a presence in over 100 countries. He was very religious and caring.
Federer demolishes Zverev to win ninth Halle title.
- World number five Roger Federer clinched a record ninth Halle Open title on Sunday, crushing last year's finalist Alexander Zverev 6-1 6-3 to lay down a marker in the lead-up to Wimbledon.
- The 18-time Grand Slam champion, who skipped the claycourt season after winning the Australian Open and titles in Indian Wells and Miami, to prepare for the grass, is in ominous form and won in Halle without dropping a single set all week.
Google fined record-breaking €2.42 billion by the EU in antitrust case.
- The European Commission has fined Google €2.42 billion (£2.1 billion) for breaching EU antitrust rules.
- In an official statement, commissioner Margrethe Vestager claims that Google has abused its market dominance as a search engine by giving an illegal advantage to another Google product, its comparison shopping service.