DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
FOR UPCOMING COMPETITIVE EXAMS
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates, International News,Sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- Shri Radha Mohan Singh,the union minister for Agriculture and Farmers has inaugurated an online portal named 'E-Krishi Samvad'at Krishi Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Nitin gadkari,the union Minister of Road transport and Highways has launched the 'National Highway Authority of India' Masala Bond at the london Stock Exchange,UK.
- India is going to replace the 'Maitri Research'station in Antartica with a new research centre in the next three to four years. India is also preparing a draft laws to safeguard its interest in Antartica and is poised to its research activity in the coldest continent .
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a two day visit to Sri lanka .He will participate in 'International Vesak Day Celebration' ,the biggest festival of Buddhists and will inaugurate a hospital that will be built with Indian assistance and he will address the Indian origin Tamil Community.
- Bengaluru has got 20th rank in World's most affordable tech city in the New Savills Tech Cities Index 2017.
- 'Bishu Parv' or 'Sendra' has been celebrated in Dalma wild life sanctuary by the tribal Community
- International Nurse day is celebrated across rthe globe on 12th May.The theme of the 2017 is 'Nursing:A Voice to lead-Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals '.
- LIC Housing Finance limited has launched a new product 'Griha Siddhi' which will offer loans for construction,purchase of house or flat and repairs or renovation to the existing properties.In this new product borrowers will be offered the interest rate of 8.40% up to Rs 25 Lakh and loans up to Rs 1 Crore in which interest rate will be 8.50% per annum. For women borrowers,the mortgage lender is offering a special interest rate of 8.35% for loans up to Rs 25 lakh.
- Justice Mukul Mudgal was elected as Head of International federation of Association Football(FIFA's)governance committee at the 67th congress of the apex football body's meeting in Mahama,Bahrain.
- The Chief of the ICICI bank 'Chanda Kochhar'has become the first Indian woman to be conferred with the prestigious 'Woodrow Wilson Award' for Global Corporate Citizenship.This prestigious award was instituted in 1998 by the prestigious Wilson Center to felicitate Individuals whose actions and accomplishments either in their careers or through service.