DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS UPDATE
This current affairs update comprise of all necessary topics related to national news,financial updates ,international news,sports news etc that are asked in competitive exams,regularly study this and get prepared for the current affairs section.
- The Loan amount extended under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)in the financial year of 2016-17 has crossed the targeted amount of Rs 1,80,000 Crore.The current sanctioned amount stands at Rs 1,80,087 Crore.
- The State Assembly of Telengana has passed a bill to raise the reservation for Muslims and Scheduled Tribes in admission to the educational Institutions and government jobs from 4% to 12% and 6% to 10 % respectively.
- Nasim Zaidi,the Chief election Commissioner of India has requested the Law Ministry to release the funds to facilitate the procurement of VVPAT (Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail)machines for 2019.
- The Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off the trial run of the new 'Vistadome'Railway coaches between Visakhapatnam and Araku.The new coaches are equipped with glass roof which can be made transparent to enjoy outside view.
- Spanish clothing brand Zara's Co-founder Amancio Ortega has become world's second richest man surpassing Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.The net worth of Mr. Amanico Ortega stands at 77.5 Billion Dollars.
- The space research centre of United states NASA has announced the March 2017 as the second warmest March in 137 Years of Record keeping.
- The last known survivor of 19th century Emma Morano,an Italian women believed to have been the oldest persons alive has died at the age of 117.
- Sai Praneeth has won the Title match of Men's Singles at Singapore Open Badminton beating his compatriot Kidambi Srikanth.
- Sixteen time World billiards champion Pankaj Advani has won his sixth Asian Billiards Title and seventh overall Asian championship at the final of Asian Billiards Championship in Chandigarh.