DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR UPDATES
FOR UPCOMING EXAMS
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a cashless/less cash township model in Nagpur developed by Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited(GNFC) ,across 81 townships in 12 states.these townships will deliver 2.5 Lakh cashless transactions per day,translating into 9 Crore cashless transactions in a year.GNFC's township at Bharuch in Gujarat became India's first cashless township after demonetization.
- The State Government of Uttar Pradesh and the Centre have signed an MoU for the 'Power for All'scheme in the state.Under this scheme 24 hours power supply will be provided in the state by October 2018 and electric connection to every households and agriculture fields by 2019.
- The Income Tax Department has launched 'Operation Clean Money'to investigate over 60,000 cases with an aim to detect black money generation post demonetisation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled 1980 MW Korada Super-critical thrmal power project near Nagpur.
- The Jharkhand police has initiated the 'Tare Zameen Par'programme to apprise the children in Naxal hit Palamu District of Jharkhand
- Nepal and China is going to hold their first ever military exercise named 'Sagarmatha Friendship-2017'from 17 April 2017 with a special focus on combating terror and disaster management.
- The Reserve Bank of India has issued new revised set of provisions for bad loans named 'Revised Prompt Corrective Action(PCA)framework'to resolve the mounting Non-Performing Asset(NPA)problem or bad loans.
- The Bank Boards Bureau (BBB)has prescribed a Governance,Reward and Accountability Framework(GRAF)for Public Sector Banks to successfully compote with the Private sector Banks,Small Finance and payment banks ,Foreign banks and Non Banking Finance Companies.The framework is in accordance with the benchmark set by Basel Committee.
- The Department of Post and The state bank Of India has tied up to promote 'SBI Buddy e-wallet'and POS machines in the post office counters.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI)has launched a web portal for Insurer which enable them to register and sell policies online.The portal is 'isnp.irda.gov.in'.This portal is also intermediaries in the insurance business.
- The Union Ministry has announced 'Himachal Pradesh'as the winner state of the 'Krishi Karman Award 2015-16'for increasing grain production commendably.
- An Indian Engineer named 'Abdulqadir Rashik'has won the top Prize at the Global challenge for an open source tool which enable its users to interactively view UN General Assembly Resolutions and gain the understandings of the voting patterns of the member states.
- Girish Chandra Saxena,former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir has passed away at the age of 90.