DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS
FOR UPCOMING COMPETITIVE EXAMS
- Samsung R &D Institute has filed maximum number of patent applications in the IT sector in 2015-16 overtaking India's largest consultancy firm Tata Consultancy Services(TCS).
- Shripad Yesso,The Minister of State (Independent Charge)for AYUSH has inaugurated the National convention on World homeopathy Day on 10th April 2017 at New Delhi in a event that was celebrated to commemorate the 262nd birth anniversary of the founder of Homeopathy Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahneman.The theme of the convention was 'Enhancing Quality Research in Homeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences'.
- Union minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation M Venkaiah Naidu has launched 352 projects in 53 cities and 17 states with an investment of approximate Rs 38,003 Crore to build 2,03,851 affordable houses.
- On the occasion of 'Shaurya Diwas' Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has launched bollywood superstar Akshay kumar's website and app 'Bharat Ke Veer'to facilitate monetary contribution to the kin of soldiers killed in action.
- Asha Khemka,Indian origin lady has been named 'Asian Business Women of the year'at an event in Birmingham,England.
- India and Russia has tied up to promote innovation and the R&D ecosystem between the two countries.The Declaration has been signed between the Department of Science and Technology and the ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation at the sidelines of the Global R&D Summit 2017.
- The Reserve Bank of India has given its nod to the banks to invest in Real Estate Investment Trust(REITs)and Infrastructure Investment Trusts(InvITs).This move is aimed at reviving cash starved infrastructure sector.
- Lewis hamilton beat Sebastian Vettel to lift his fifth title at the Chinese grand Prix.Hamilton beat vettel by 0.186 seconds.