DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:21ST MARCH
- The Ministry of Culture and Nava Nalanda Mahavira Deemed University has organized a three days long 'International Buddhist Conference 'in Rajgir,Bihar.
- World's largest E-Commerce Company 'Amazon India'has brought out a new program for sellers 'A-Z GST Guide '.
- The Board of Vodafone Group and The Aditya Birla Group have approved unification of Vodafone India limited and Idea Cellular.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)has signed an agreement of 1.2 Billion Dollars with debt-ridden Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation's(GSPC)entire 80% stake in Krishna-Godavari Basin natural gas blocks.
- The Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan is going to inaugurate the'5th Foundation Day function of the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council(BIRAC)in New-Delhi.
- The World Bank has announced a package of 57 billion US Dollar for Financing the Sub-Saharan Africa for the next three fiscal years(2017-19).
- The Union Government has swapped the Chief Executive Officers(CEO)of State-owned Indian bank and IDBI Bank.Now,Mahesh Kumar Jain has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of IDBI Bank and Kishore Piraji Kharat has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of Indian Bank.
- Jason Kothari has been appointed as the CEO of 'Freecharge' ,a digital payment platform of the Snapdeal.
- Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla has been appointed as the chairman of the Vodafone-Idea unified company.
- Sahid Afridi has been appointed as the ambassador of the Blind Cricket World Cup.This tournament is going to be organised in United Arab Emirates (UAE)and Pakistan.
- Former director of the Indian Institute of Tropical Meterology Dev Raj Sikka has passed away in Pune.he first proposed the relation between El-Nino and Indian Monsoon.