DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:07TH MARCH
- World's oldest aircraft carrier currently active in service INS Viraat was decommissioned with a ceremonial send-off in Mumbai.This aircraft carrier served Indian Navy for three long decades.
- The tallest national flag of India has been hoisted in Attari -Wagah joint check post in Punjab,breaking the record previously hold by the one in Ranchi which is 293 meter long.The flag at the Wagah-attari border is 120 feet long,80 feet in breadth and is hosted on a pole which is 360 feet high.
- A three day long event 'Destination North-East 2017'has been hosted in Chandigarh to promote North East as a potential destination for investment. Jitendra Singh,union minister of State for development of North Eastern region has inaugurated this.
- The state legislative assemble of West Bengal has passed 'The West Bengal Clinical Establishment Bill 2017.
- The State Government of Haryana has announced Tirtha Darshan scheme.
- The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) of The Ministry of Environment and Forests coordinated 'Operation Thunder Bird' and 'Operation Save Kurma' across the nation.
- The Facebook has launched a new initiative 'She Leads Tech'to promote and support women founded or co-funded start ups.The main aim of this announcement before Women's Day is to bring women on board in India's digital Revolution in a bigger way.
- India's southern state Kerala has achieved the maximum number of registration under the Goods and Service Tax(GST)regime.Al,most 60% of an estimated 2.5 lakh traders migrating to the new platform.
- The ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD)has given a proposal to set up a Women's entrepreneurship Council to take up the problem faced by the business women to the government.
- The central government has approved the strategic sales of three steel plants.These plants are Alloy Steel plants of Durgapur,West Bengal ,Salem steel Plant in Tamilnadu and Visvevaraya Iron and steel plant in Karnataka.This sell will help the central government to raise Rs. 15000 Crore.
- The North eastern state of India Tripura has agreed to supply 60 MW of power to Bangladesh in addition to already agreed 100 MW power supply.
- In Guangzhou International Travel Fair(GITF),China ,Sri Lanka has won the 'Most popular Tourism Destination Award'.
- India's one of the largest telecom operator 'Bharti Airtel' has tied up with Millicom International Cellular to combine their operations in Ghana.
- Iran's S-300 missile defence system has become operational .
- The Reserve Bank of India has clarified that Currency Notes which have inscribed message on it are legal tender.it also issued that any bank branches which refuse to exchange soiled notes from peopl will have to pay a penalty of Rs 10000.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI)has proposed to increase the premium of the Insurance to 50% for cars,motor cycles as well as commercial vehicles from April 1,2017.
- Non-Peforming Assets(NPA)of public sector banks has hiked to staggering Rs 6.8 Lakh Crore.The Chairman of a Public Accounts Committee K V Thomas favored 'naming and shaming'corporate houses which default on repayment of bank loans.
- Former Indian opener Akash Chopra has released a book 'Numbers do Lie'.
- Andy Murray has clinched the first title of the season 'The Dubai Tennis Championships'at the Aviation Club Tennis Centre in Dubai.
- India ended up fifth in the International Shooting Sports Federation(ISSF) World cup with five medals.India's medal tally include one gold,two silver and two bronze medals.
- Former Prsident of Haiti 'Rene Preval'has passed away at the age of 74.