DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:10TH MARCH
- The two day long North-East business summit kick started in New Delhi.The main aim of the summit was to display the strentgths,potentials and initiatives of the North-East in order to encourage investment in the North-Eastern States.
- India is going to host 'Mobile Congress' on 27th September,2017 at Pragati Maidan,New Delhi with a special focus on south-asian markets.
- The Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah has inaugurated a web based platform 'Pratibimba'to promote the performance and achievements of Governments to its citizens.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has decided to constitute a high level committee to address the grievances of woman sports persons in India.On the eve of Women's Day while addressing a congregation of top athletes Union Sports minister Vijay Goel has announced this.
- Transparency International(TI)has announced the Global Corruption Barometer in Berlin.According to this barometer India topped the list among the 16 Asia Pacific countries in corruption.
- Vice president of India had attended the two day long Indian Ocean Rim Association(IORA)Summit in Jakarta,Indonesia from 6th to 7th March.
- The Union Environment,Forest and Climate Change,Anil Madhav Dave launched a web portal to obtain Coastal Regulation Zone Clearances in New Delhi.
- IIT Madras has won the 2017 'Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE)Spectrum technology in the Service of the Society Award 'for its solar direct current inverter system.
- The National Archives of India(NAI)is going to celebrate its 127th Foundation Day on March 11.
- 'India by Nile'fest has been organised in Egypt on 8th March to showcase the diversity of India's culture,arts and cuisine to build enduring partnership between these two ancient civilizations.
- The biometric based payment system 'Aadhar Pay'has been launched by IDFC Bank in New Delhi.
- Karur Vysya bank has rolled out three new technological services UPI,BBPS and the Fastag services.
- The last date of submission of Digital life certificate through Jeevan Praman Patra has been extended to 31st March,2017 by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation(EPFO).
- The spinner duo of India Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja have become the first spinner pair of spinners to jointly hld the top spot in MRF Tyres ICC Player Ranking for Test bowlers.
- BCCI Annual Awards: 1.Virat kohli has been awarded with Polly Umrigarh award fort the third time, II. Ravichandran Ashwin has won the Dilip Sardesai award for the second time for his performance in test cricket in 2016, III. Late Ramkant Desai and Vaman Viswanath Kumar have been given the BCCI Special award in recognition of their yeoman service to Indian Cricket.
- Executive director at IANS news Arvind Padmanabhan has been died of cardiac arrest at the age of 50.